Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Please add species to the legends/hist texts  (Read 1180 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Please add species to the legends/hist texts
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 11:59:40 am »

How do you have time to respond to practically everything on the forum AND do more work in a day than an entire development team could do in week?!

Are you a wizard?

He's Magical Trevor, he's ever so clever!
Heehee.  But seriously, yeah, Toady doesn't seem to do anything but code and check the forums.  Maybe sleep.  I think Three Toe does the shopping and cooking because I can't see Toady having any time except to eat while doing the aforementioned activities. ;P

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 12:20:49 pm »

Do we have any idea for when 39d is coming out?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 12:37:18 pm »

Do we have any idea for when 39d is coming out?

Couple of days.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 12:56:38 pm »

The problem with adding "the dwarf" or "the demon" or whatnot at the end of each name is that some of the names are already ridiculously long. I already have to read 6 full paragraphs about Urist Roundtunnels the Shield-Arch of Mechanisms slowly breaking every bone in Loral Valleyrainbow the Forest of Groundhog's body just to get to the interesting bits, and every name is repeated over and over.

How about a toggle for "brief history notes"? Just first and last names, and maybe with a * next to the person if they have a significant number of kills or were leader of a site or something, in the history figs list? And in the specific hist screens have "In 943, Urist Roundtunnels, dwarf, struck down Loral Valleyrainbows, elf, in Roundarches." instead of listing all their names.
Pages: 1 [2]