Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Zero Punctuation- DF.  (Read 17266 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Punctuation- DF.
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2008, 05:39:34 pm »

Besides, we got people like Janus etc who are board admins at the taleworlds forum, which IMO is one of the best modded community forums I've ever had the pleasure of being a member of - and that community is pretty big by now.

I wouldn't say the best, but it's good. I got perma-banned a couple years ago by some admin for the reasoning 'Go back to gaia'. I have never actually been to gaia, odd.

Thank god I have a reliable list of proxies.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2008, 06:37:50 pm »

I can safely say that admins never ban people for unjust reasons. If someone's an asshat, post is reported and the admins read through the report and decide what to do. And they are quite tolerant when it comes to annoying people - to a certain point. If it's regarding cracks etc however then it's permaban asap without any questions asked. So either you mentioned you had a cracked game or something or you went past the tolerance level of the board :P

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2008, 06:50:18 pm »

I can safely say that admins never ban people for unjust reasons. If someone's an asshat, post is reported and the admins read through the report and decide what to do. And they are quite tolerant when it comes to annoying people - to a certain point. If it's regarding cracks etc however then it's permaban asap without any questions asked. So either you mentioned you had a cracked game or something or you went past the tolerance level of the board :P

Unless you consider my current demeanor bannable, then no, I didn't.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2008, 09:55:12 pm »

That'll never happen to Bay12games tbh. Idiots won't really come here cause they won't have the IQ to learn a game like this anyway.

Besides, we got people like Janus etc who are board admins at the taleworlds forum, which IMO is one of the best modded community forums I've ever had the pleasure of being a member of - and that community is pretty big by now.

Same Janus?  I had wondered about that.

I guess the average moron would just make a post saying the game sucked and then leave, the only real problem would be the hard core jerks who apparently have nothing better to do with their lives than make the lives of other people less enjoyable.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2008, 12:02:41 am »

I do not understand why fans of DF (particulary) want Yahtzee to (not) review/preview the game.
I don't see the reason for (not) wanting it one way or the other. We all know how great DF is and asfar as i can see we have a great community, with actual feedback from Toady. (i'm not that long of a member yet though) I don't see how a possible review, wich could be bad or not, would affect all this. It would just say more about whoever reviewed it then what we know DF is all about. I don't even really think a good or bad review or preview or whatever would have that much of an impact on the amount of people that will play it. Its us ( well a big part atleast) that make the game known amonst people that might play it in other forums for example. Well, thats how i got to know DF anyways, via someone praising it for its depth and potential and,... you know what DF is like. Well, thats my 2 cents.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2008, 12:45:20 am »

Try this on for size:

Yahtzee: "I can't even figure out the control scheme for this one.  I tried making a world to play in and before it was done I'd gone off to get ice cream.  I never came back."

DONE.  Please return to your regularly unsceduled lives.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2008, 01:34:54 am »

I do not understand why fans of DF (particulary) want Yahtzee to (not) review/preview the game.
I don't see the reason for (not) wanting it one way or the other. We all know how great DF is and asfar as i can see we have a great community, with actual feedback from Toady. (i'm not that long of a member yet though) I don't see how a possible review, wich could be bad or not, would affect all this. It would just say more about whoever reviewed it then what we know DF is all about. I don't even really think a good or bad review or preview or whatever would have that much of an impact on the amount of people that will play it. Its us ( well a big part atleast) that make the game known amonst people that might play it in other forums for example. Well, thats how i got to know DF anyways, via someone praising it for its depth and potential and,... you know what DF is like. Well, thats my 2 cents.

You really don't understand it?  Have you read the thread?  It's been explained in multiple ways repeatedly over the past six pages.  What exactly don't you understand?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2008, 03:07:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There, is this done now?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 03:27:52 am »

You really don't understand it?  Have you read the thread?  It's been explained in multiple ways repeatedly over the past six pages.  What exactly don't you understand?

I have read the thread a multiple times and i don't understand why we should care wether or not Yahtzee reviews or previews DF, regardless of wether or not he will like it. Does anyone care what he has to say if he writes about the game? Will it affect anything, wether negative or positive? I for one don't think so.
We know the game is awesome and with our enthusiasm hopefully other people will to. What some gamejournalist has to say seems rather irrelevant to me.
But maybe its just me, i'm weird you know.   :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:29:45 am by Doppel »
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2008, 04:41:40 am »

It's pretty simple: you don't review incomplete games. Similar to the reason Toady is reluctant to implement the Presentation Arc.

There, is this done now?

thank god
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 04:45:56 am by Red Jackard »
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2008, 07:32:39 am »

There, is this done now?

No because you didn't have the pictures of stickmen, there was no profanity, and there wasn't a bad pun!
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2008, 08:23:05 am »

There, is this done now?

Please don't tell me you haven't played 5 Days a Stranger.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2008, 08:56:10 am »

There, is this done now?

You forgot carp, elephants, unicorns and cannibalistic elves!  :(
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2008, 09:45:24 am »

How many of you watch Zero Punctuation?
Have you wished that he would review your favorite game?
Well, let's make him.

Send him an e-mail with Dwarf Fortress in the subject and ask him (politely, as usual for this crowd) to review it. He'll have to respond when he gets a 162 emails in one day about one game.

The worst thing he could do is give us free publicity.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/75-Oblivion

Erm, are you kidding right? Why would that r-tard review this game? Frankly I cant imagine that Yahtzee would make a [retarded] "review" about any complex / ASCII games.

TheBoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2008, 10:07:22 am »

Hmmmm - I reckon Yahtzee is probably quite intelligent: his games are meant to be good anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9