Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Age change during play = Awesome  (Read 1724 times)

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
Age change during play = Awesome
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:19:21 pm »

I was playing in a pocket world, as is my wont, when I had an adventurer that killed the final megabeast, a Dragon.  Now at this point, I grinned because it was only year 32, but it was also "The Age of the Dragon", and I figured it would probably end up staying that way, but it was neat to kill the last one.

Anyway, I retired after that feat and started up a dwarf fortress.

I get this:

"The world has passed into the Age of Twilight".

AWESOME.  I affected the world enough to start a new age.

This game kicks so much arse.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age change during play = Awesome
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:24:34 pm »

Holy crap, I didn't even think that was possible. Shame the age wasn't named after your adventurer! Slaying the last dragon and changing the world should be enough for that!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 05:36:06 pm »

Not as awesome as having a retired legendary adventurer with one leg becoming the leader of a goblin kingdom which attacks you all the time. Happened to me in 2d, and I haven't seen anything like that since.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 03:04:42 am »

how did an adventurer become the leader of a goblin kingdom?  i've done that with human kingdoms in 2D by getting the human leader to join me and retireing in their capitol, but goblins are inherantly hostile.  i actually spent a LONG time trying to build a large human alliance, and got several human leaders into one party and showing up as joint owners in dwarf mode, but i never got them to seige.

anyway, im not sure i buy the goblin thing.  unless the adventurer just showed up there by retireing on a dark fortress.  but then i thought you could only retire in towns -- otherwise you starved.

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 08:40:50 am »

*achem*

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20543.15

been there, done that, got the megabeasts head

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 10:45:43 am »

I've never had any ages but the standard myth, legends, and heros  :-[
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 12:10:40 pm »

anyway, im not sure i buy the goblin thing.  unless the adventurer just showed up there by retireing on a dark fortress.  but then i thought you could only retire in towns -- otherwise you starved.
Any civilized area (town/fortress/tower) that you are not hostile to, you can retire in.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 12:23:48 pm »

Any civilized area (town/fortress/tower) that you are not hostile to, you can retire in.
In the 2D version, which Torak is referring to, goblins were always hostile.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 02:15:09 pm »

In the 2D version, which Torak is referring to, goblins were always hostile.
[/quote]

Then how were humans on the goblin side of the invasion as mercenaries/minor leaders?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 02:22:51 pm »

Then how were humans on the goblin side of the invasion as mercenaries/minor leaders?

Babysnatchers in theory. Hard coding in practice, I think.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 04:50:09 pm »

I find this just totally awesome.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.