Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods III :: Turn 2 :: Please join! (but STILL under construction.)  (Read 12452 times)

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Settlements, start of turn 2:
LocationNamePopulationPop CapRaceNext Turn
34,19Astmeban 34230Daroth39
41,26Great Glade371110Ent Impling51
41,26Great Glade121Ent Lord1
41,26Great Glade8375Ent Material9
41,26Great Glade4168Ent Protector4
15,38Tribe69300Nacka Rachti74
32,48Camp19100Renegade19
19,59Seristis tower15100Mage15
19,70Ehn’gha / Odua126810Iraxi145
14,83Vol Sundar39280Crocrolen50
28,84Vol Tikal52340Crocrolen67
23,86Tel Sarangis145630Crocrolen189
12,43Huis Hoop 75465Ipetian93
28,76Akkad126600Akkadian151
58,22Kavla Niti 102740Anqip128
26,106Flamekeep 118630Assedio142
44,37Halas103620Hrun119
45,38Halas4310Riding Wolf5
Groups, start of turn 2:
LocationLeader NamePopulationRace
27,19Kell5Daroth
45,20Sall5Daroth
36,23Ton5Daroth
14,59Jaleen6Mage
19,64Elestric3Mage
15,85Inkala10Crocrolen
26,7210Akkadian
27,7910Akkadian
31,72Bahad1Akkadian
16,692Iraxi
18,712Iraxi
21,712Iraxi
22,702Iraxi
22,682Iraxi
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 07:33:30 pm by coelocanth »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((Could you rename the riding wolves as Hrun wolf mounts? Appreciate it if you could.))

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BotG3: The Renegades: Turn 2: First Steps
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2008, 01:41:26 am »

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step"

As spring nears its end, the Renegades set out through the temperate forests. Having spent most of their lives in the forests, hiding from the Klang Empire, they easily make haste through the undergrowth, leaving barely any trace of their presence. After ten days of travel, the forward scouts come back to the main body of the group.

"Hey, Poltifar," shouted Terna as she ran from the nearby undergrowth, "I think I found what you were looking for. It seems some kind of hidden entrance to a long forgotten structure." Looking at him quizickly, she continued, "But why have we come here? It definitely doesn't seem a safe place to lay camp."

"We are here," replied Poltifar absentmindedly, "for treasure. Now, tell everyone to set up camp far enough from the structure, we never know what might come out from it. Also, ask the mages to stast weaving the shields on all of us. All the shields, and at full power. I'm not going to take you all into that place just to waste you because of you incompetence."

Turning to Anna, Poltifar asked, "So what do you feel of it here, now that you are closer?"

... ((Waiting for Armok, PM me of I am not on IRC))

│40                                                                      │
│≈≈≈≈─┬┘♣ ♣♣┌┘⌂♣♣♣ ♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣♣♣♣&♣♣  ♣♣♣?≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♣♣≈≈ ≈≈♣♣⌂▲$♣ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈♣│♣♣ ♣♣│♣♣♣$♣ ♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈.♣♣$♣♣  ♣&♣♣≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♣♣≈≈ ≈♣♣⌂▲⌂♣♣ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈┘♣♣ ♣♣│⌂♣♣♣♣ ♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈.?♣♣♣♣  ♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♣≈≈≈ ≈──○⌂♣♣≈ ≈≈$♣≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈♣$♣ ♣♣≈≈¤♣♣♣ ♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈.#♣♣♣  ♣$♣♣♣?≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣$▲○─≈≈ ≈♣⌂≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈♣♣♣ .≈≈≈≈≈♣♣ ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.&♣  ♣♣♣♣♣.≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈ ≈♣⌂⌂♣♣≈≈ ≈♣♣≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈♣♣♣ ♣..≈≈♣♣♣ ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣  ♣♣r♣♣..≈ ≈.♣♣≈≈≈≈ ≈┌○♣♣≈≈≈ ≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣ ♣♣♣♣│♣♣♣ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣  ♣♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣$♣≈≈≈ ─┘♣♣≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣ ♣♣♣♣└┐♣≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣  ♣≈≈≈≈♣.. .○⌂♣♣≈≈≈ ♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│48                                                                      │
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣ ♣♣$♣♣│.≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣  ≈≈≈≈≈≈.. ┌┘♣.≈≈≈≈ ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♣♣♣♣♣└≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈  ≈≈≈≈≈≈.. │..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♣♣♣♣♣.≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈  ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈. │.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ~~~≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣♣♣.≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈  ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈~ √#√~≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣♣$♣≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈..$ ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈≈  ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈~ √√√~≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣♣♣≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈.. .│≈≈≈≈≈≈  ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ¤≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ~~~≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♣♣≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ .○⌂¤≈≈≈≈  ≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠ ┌┘♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈  ≈≈≈≈≈$♠┌ ┘♠♠♠≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│56                                                                      │

Members of the Renegades:
(I've fleshed out some more of them)

-Poltifar Chaoswielder: Master of all arcane secrets known to the Renegades and some not, he is one of the most powerful mages of his race that has ever lived. Very powerful melee and ranged warriormage, using melee weapon (normally longsword) in unison with magic. The leader of the organization. 17 years old (atleast, in appearance...)
-Seandar Ironfist: A grizzled old warrior, favoring the greatsword. He has lived through many battles and campaigns, and thus has alot of experience. 49 years old.
-Jonil Truestrike: Seandar's young son, and an already well-trained user of the greatsword, as his father is. 17 years old.
-Emily Dawnbow: A very skilled bow-user, also dables in the arcane arts, allowing her to shoot magically enhanced amunition. 16 years old.
-Terna Farstrider: An experienced explorer, having seen alot of the old continent and wanting to explore the new one even more thouroughly. Experienced with the bow and spear. 27 years old.
-Ernest Windwalker: A daydreaming scholar who has great power in the wind and weather domains. 25 years old.
-Klin Diceking: A merry rogue and gambler with incredible luck and great skill in stealth and light weapons. 21 years old.
-Farn Earthmover: A stubborn yet sympathetic earth-wielding mage, also a good fighter when using the hammer and axe. 24 years old.
-Inglan Steelshaper: A young magesmith who still hasn't really proven himself. 19 years old.
-Anna Dreamweaver: A spirit mage with a wide array of spells and power, yet most are non-offensive. Also, a diviner and has some powers over dreams. 20 years old.
-Godroy Fireheart: The group's pyromancer, has a quick temper yet is very charismatic. Very powerful in offensive fire magic, but not much else. 25 years old.

The rest: I wanted to flesh-out all members and give them all names now, but I will only give their profession and develop their characters during the game as they are needed. But consider them all as powerful as the ones above.:

-1 medic/healer
-2 swordsman
-1 spearman
-1 crossbowman/hunter
-1 builder/architect
-1 scholar/philosopher
-1 ice mage
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile

A giant tree quickly grows and towers above all other trees. The dragon rises from a ruined city, followed by growth, joy and war. A forest, rotten to the core, filled with crawling maggots and fungus sprawling under every rock. A star falling on an island where the sun hides at night. The fall of a great empire breaches reality. Three immortal deer standing in front of a crumbling castle. A cloud of fire that burns a wolf of ice, gnawing on the world. A squid reading a book. A tree striking down a deer.

Seristis Tower - Diviner's quarters
Spring - Seventh week
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Western expedition
Spring - Eighth week

Seristis Tower - Upper Library Wing
Spring - Seventh week

Southern expedition
Ninth week

Western expedition
Spring - Ninth week

Southern expedition
Spring - Eleventh week

Western expedition
Spring - Ninth week

Southern expedition
Spring - Last week

Western expedition
Spring - Ninth week

Seristis Tower
Spring - Tenth week
==============================

((The following spoiler here is just because Armok wanted me to write what is in it. It is mostly what is written in the first paragraph.))

((As for the map, both of my exploring parties reach the ruins where they were headed, and remain there until next turn. (22,69), (12,61)))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:42:57 am by Istrian »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

1st week. (1st of turn 2)

6 weeks had passed since the scouts were send to explore the world around them. More than enough, so one would seem. Having the images of the surrounding land etched into their memory as if drawn right into their bodies with tiny scalpels, the Crystaldragonflies turned back towards their tribe, to inform them of their findings.

Meanwhile, the tribe was flourishing. The local wildlife was more than easy to hunt, and as such the tribe was stocked up on all ends. Flesh, bone, sinew, leather, everything was in abundance, all needs satisfied. From now on, hunt was no longer a nessecity, it was simply a hobby. Countless of bodies, often still alive, but twitching due to the arrow that pierced their spine were sacrificed to Nagarach...

2nd week.
((as the dragonflies this time did not spend their time searching, but actually went straight, they return around now))

Celsius stood in front of her prey, next to her two Kharmanathi were drooling all over it. They wanted to bite, to gnaw, to devour this raw flesh, drowning themselves in it's guts, like small children that dive into their birthday cake with their whole head at once. But they were silent...they had not been given the allowance yet. The price was female deer, which was felled with a single arrow. The arrow had entered right through the right eye, and pierced the skull in such a perfect angle that it exited through the left. A truely marvelous shot, she thought to herself, as she pondered what to do with this. Sacrifice it again ?
No, this one had another destiny.

With her spear, she began carving a 7 pointed star, the heptagram, into the frozen dirt of the forest. Chanting words in the tounge of the netherhells, she slid a small dagger over her perfect skin, shedding a few drops of blood over the corpse.
For a moment, there was perfect silence. The forest was frozen in time, as not a single soul dared to make a sound. Like a lightning bolt, a piercing shriek cut through the silence. A cry so painful, no pure mind would be able to hold itself against it, only finding relief in the blessing of insanity. The deer had sprung back to live, squirming and convulsiing in cramps. Blood spewed out of the wounds in it's eyes, soon also through it's nose and mouth, drowning the shriek of pain. It's whole body seemed to inflate, as if a tumor was growing inside it. A claw from inside pierced it's hide, as a perfectly white paw, untouched by the blood of it's "mother" made it's way into the worldy sphere. Soon it was follwed by a head, a skull as cruel as any, with green glowing eyes and theeth that could crush stone made it's way through. It let out a bark like the strike of a hammer impacting the anvil, and the deer finaly burst open completely. All it's organs were completely gone, so were it's flesh and blood. Only the skin, ripped to shreds, and the bones, broken and cracked open, remained.
Within the 7 pointed star stood a hellhound as big as a a calf, it's perfectly white fur frozen smooth and shiny. Protruding from it's joints were sharp thorns made of horn. A behemot of pure killing intent.

It let out a growl towards Celsius that would have been enough to put a pack of elephants into flight. Without any hesitation she punished it with a kick to the skull, cracking it and letting it's jaw point away in a weird direction.

"Don't you ever growl at me like that, lower servant. I am your master, and your task is to do my bidding."

She grasped the neck of the demon, in grip like steel. With the other hand, she moved it's jaw back into a normal position.

"Heal that wound. If by tomorrow your jaw isn't strong enough to crush a stone, I will dismiss you as a failure."

With a look of humilation, the kharmanath joined it's 2 brother at Celsius side, just as a child came running from the direction of the forest.

"Lady Celsius, the dragonflies are returning !"

3rd week.

For the past few days, the dragonflies were busy carving a map into a block of ice. As anticipated, this new world was full of interesting features, but out of all of them, only 4 caught the tribes immediate interest.

Far to the south, the demonic scouts had spotted sentinent live. A tribe of centaurs, in a way primitive, but well organised. appearantly, they were busy constructing a new village.

One of the elders stroke his chin in thought, and raised his voice.
"It appears that they come from an expanding civilisation. As we spotted them nowhere else, they must be coming from the south, this new outpost being their northern border. How do you suggest we react to them ?"

"We don't. We leave them alone. I don#t want to get in trouble before knowing what exactly awaits us."

"But what about this ?"  Another elder poined at something a litte to the north of the outpost of the Ipetians.
"The gigantic ant-lion we spotted. A sacrifice of such dimension would deffinetly please our lord. It's still within reach of the eternal winter, though only at it's borders. It's probably still alive, seeing that it is buried into the ground, and has a huge body mass. If we act quickly we will not be spotted by these centaurs."

"I agree. This must be weighing easily 10 tons, and it's mandibles are a trophy that would please Nagarach a lot."

"I suggest we send 20 hunters. Killing it won't be the problem. But we need to pull it out of that pit. Give them enough rope and each of them a Kharmanath, they should manage."

One of the dragonflies raised it's clear, echoeing voice.

" I once again must stress you to travel to that black tower in the north east. I couldn't  help it but feel....at peace when I was around there. Surely there will be something to discover."

"This whole tower seems dangerous to me. I don't think we should send someone, they would be in high danger.", voiced another elder.

Celsius, who had been listening boredly, laying on her side was now standing up, sitting next to the circle of elders around the map.

"I will go. I will take 4 of the best hunters with me."

For a short, the elders considered this proposal, and finaly approved.

"Fine. But while you are at it. Also check out this ghost town south to it on your way back. One of the dragonflies was lost there. I really want to know what happened to that city. According to the other scouts, it was entirely undamaged, but completely deserted"

Week 4-5

Two parties leave the tribe. 20 hunters left southwards, towards the pit of the giant ant-lion. They soon reach it.
((This can't be written until discussed with Armok))
 Celsius, together with 4 very skilled hunters left westwards. They use the short passage at which the one river is in reach of the artifact to cross the resulting bridge of ice.

Week 6

Celsius group travels further. The other hunter party acts depending on the outcome of the antlion-hunt

((This can't be written untill it was discuseed with Armok))

-----------------------------------

((Map changes are made directly into the main map))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)

Futh- Ra stirred. Had he sensed something, some probing force in the flow? He carefully felt the flows of magic around him. Finding nothing, he returned to rest.

At the Great Glade

The cave south of the Glade

The Northern scout

The Western scout

The Southern scout

The Eastern scout

The Western scout

The Map
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:36:31 am by Dwarfaholic »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Late Spring

Astmeban:

Kell, Son of Hent

Ton, son of Kent

Sall, Daughter of Keat
===
Summary:
Map
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:45:54 am by Kashyyk »

Prometheus

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile

In the game room, Xar looks at the readout on a small panel in front of him. Satisfied, he excuses himself and goes over to the aluminum cabinet to search for snacks. He notes that the crumpets have to be replaced as they are now infested with Ironbloods. Back at the game board a small beep can be heard and the screen lights up with the word 'Contact'.

Meanwhile, on the board itself, Emperor Gizash scrutinizes the monument someone had set up in front of the palace. It had images of an Irax holding a staff and Iraxi. The Irax was surrounded by the Iraxi. The monument is decorated with images of a ruined city.
He looked again the title. 'Rebirth'. Elegantly simple. It would be a nice psychological boost. He nodded at the young artist, who respectfully thanked him and promptly fled. The Emperor shook his head at this. They were being so careful in his presence that they were almost afraid. They would hopefully stop being so damned skittish.
Gizash turned back to a handful of reports and started going through them.

Hundreds of miles away, the scouts sent to the north-eastern ruins were bound  and shivering on the iceberg. Their lives had taken a decisive turn for the unreal. Three beings the likes of which they had never before seen had used powerful magics to detain them and were now ferrying them on a block of intensely cold material which turned out to be very hard water. They were astonished that they were still alive. They whispered to each other until they realized that the others couldn't understand a word they said, so they had resumed speaking in normal tones.

One of them, Qirosh, had planned to roll his way to the edge of the huge block of crystallized water, perhaps to slip into the river and escape. Zira didn't agree on this plan, as he'd either a) drown due to being incapable of swimming thanks to the bonds they were in or b) they'd notice and pick him back up. Or maybe both. So no chance of escape.

"Oh well, at least they're feeding us."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kashyk, your map has many mistakes, so i am not quite sure where the most eastern scout is supposed to be. Please fix this, else I won't be able to update his position. The coordinates are wrong as well. The southern cave is at 34;25,, not 34;24 Also, your timing is a bit bad, and now your southern scout is on the same tile as the ent-scout of dwarfaholic. Maybe they would meet ?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:46:13 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

why have people started hiding their stories inside spoiler tags?

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile

nevermind i found the password.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)

Coelocanth: Because

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I'm not sure what you meen about not knowing where the east scout is. Could you elaborate? And yes, The ents and Daroth are Supposed to meet.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, quite simply the map in your post is messed up, and I am not sure if the position is meant to be like that

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
co-ordinate inconsistency
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2008, 09:46:25 am »

some people are assuming the top left tile on the map is 0,0 (and top/left of each 8x8 block is 8,16,24 etc)
some people are assuming the top left tile on the map is 1,1 (and top/left of each 8x8 block is 9,17,25 etc)
some people are doing it differently for the X and Y axis

Akroma - can you choose one co-ordinate system and tell us
Everyone else - please follow what Akroma decides
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6