Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 64

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress 4  (Read 84025 times)

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress 4
« Reply #435 on: June 16, 2008, 11:32:20 am »

I rescued some sites that had fallen into the ocean after the cliff smoothing.

Erosion! ;D

Toady didn't intend cliff smoothing to work as erosion (as far as I know). It's just there to remove cliffs which block the way for dwarves and adventurers. Which means there will be no cliffs on the next version. It's just a temporal thing (again, as far as I know) that will be removed once more advanced movement options are included that permit escalating cliffs or something similar.
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 16, 2008, 12:12:21 pm »

Erosion! ;D

Toady didn't intend cliff smoothing to work as erosion (as far as I know). It's just there to remove cliffs which block the way for dwarves and adventurers. Which means there will be no cliffs on the next version. It's just a temporal thing (again, as far as I know) that will be removed once more advanced movement options are included that permit escalating cliffs or something similar.

Escalating.

Scaling.

Odds are, Toady's plans do not include the former.

Though it's a funny mental image.

EDIT: Links belatedly fixed. Oops.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:31:24 am by Cavalcadeofcats »

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 16, 2008, 12:34:19 pm »

Erosion! ;D

Escalating.

Scaling.

Your, uh... your links don't seem to be working.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 16, 2008, 12:35:19 pm »

Erosion! ;D

Escalating.

Scaling.

Um... your links are badly broken.  Try these:

Escalating.

Scaling.

EDIT: Ack!  Ninjaed!

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 16, 2008, 12:44:09 pm »

You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 16, 2008, 02:18:55 pm »

Toady, would it be possible to put the list of stuff to complete before the release up on the dev page for our reading pleasure?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #441 on: June 16, 2008, 02:24:31 pm »

Toady, would it be possible to put the list of stuff to complete before the release up on the dev page for our reading pleasure?

Yeah, I remember we had that last time. That was awesome- we must have had "the final countdown" drifting around for three weeks before the release.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 16, 2008, 08:46:59 pm »

Yeah, that was awesome. It was always fun to see how many more things were left, and try to figure out what all of the things on the list would be like.

Jamuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 16, 2008, 09:49:55 pm »

:( I wish he could just do one release now and one when he finishes fixing stuff, but beggars can't be choosers.

folo4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 16, 2008, 11:50:40 pm »

Yeah, I remember we had that last time. That was awesome- we must have had "the final countdown" drifting around for three weeks before the release.

except that it was spam incarnate. If anything, having Today One posting his new dev notes will be debated to hell.

...Hm.. knowing him, it might be a good idea. Oh wait, there's no freaking Caravan Arc yet, so I think that we don't need additional debates on features not yet implemented.

Because Toady One's implementations drives EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM to go making stories, cheering Toady One for excellent job at game creation, and look, I'm digging up an old sub-topic up. 

FunnyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 17, 2008, 01:20:59 am »

Because Toady One's implementations drives EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM to go making stories, cheering Toady One for excellent job at game creation

Isn't that the point of the forum?
Beta Tester's Motto: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #446 on: June 17, 2008, 10:04:33 am »

06/16/2008: 221. I'm ready to take a stab at the road fixes for tomorrow. The main issues seem to be sporadic missing ramps and tunnels just dead-ending -- that kind of thing. Road materials also need to be finished off, and the bridges it places also have a couple of strange issues.

I wonder if this means that currently the roads are paved with random materials- such as Mule Silk or Oak Milk Bars. Oh, or perhaps Large Stew: made from finely-minced Large, expertly-minced Large, and minced kitten venom.

Now I want to make a tree-milking mod.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 17, 2008, 10:13:57 am »

This is a Soap Dirt Road.

I can't wait to make a fortress over a tunnel and be able to break into it. Heck, perhaps if you don't know it's there, some fun things can happen.

Urist McMiner: Are you sure that was a chasm? I thought I could see the bottom.
 Kogan McMiner: Well, we need SOMEWHERE to drain all this water. How else were we supposed to get past the aquifer?
 Urist McMiner: Do you hear that? Sounded like "Help us. Oh god, we are drowning. And there are carp! Why are there carp in this underground tunnel? What demons would flood this friendly trade tunnel?!"
 Kogan McMiner: It must have been a tremor in the earth. I'm thirsty, lets get a drink.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 18, 2008, 02:14:49 pm »

Call me crazy, but the roads are the most exciting thing to me in this upcoming release.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 18, 2008, 03:05:03 pm »

Better than world gen parameters and corpse mutilation? 
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 64