Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39a/b/c] Game crash if merchants cant leave... ? Possible bug.  (Read 1115 times)

Gruz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okeydokey,

Firts of all, as this is my first post, Hello for this fantastic community and for Toady, thamks for a GREAT game, I have been on board since 38C and love every minute of it.

As I am as drunk as my dwarves now (they drink beer, I drink red wine.), I still managed to find a possible bug.

My fortress is 3-4 years old amd a dwarf caravan arrived last summer. After they arrived I made a moat front of that tradedepot and only 4 tiles wide bridge for em and it seems they need 6 tiles wide, so they has been stuck there a over fulle yeart, and the game crashes. Well, I havent tested it completly, only two saves, last one and start of that winter, bith crashes at particular time in end of that winter and I cant find any other reason for that crash as those traders. I have changed every job and every other possibility. I now test autumn save and let that poor caravan leave asap, but that will take some time that I see will it still crash.

Well, their crossbowman managed to repulse one ambush for now, so they still helped me somehow.
I did change world generation values for megabeasts to 50 and volcanoes for 20 min, but I belvieve those shouldnt affect this.

Have anyone else tested this caravan leaving problen? As I and maybe Toady  ;D also needs a confirmation... ?

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39a/b/c] Game crash if merchants cant leave... ? Possible bug.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 03:13:14 pm »

They should be good to travel through a 3 wide gap.  Are there doors in the way?  Try press 'D' shift-d to see the Caravan accessability.  It should show you any problems.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:04:47 pm »

So you have a winter save that crashes fairly quickly after load?  I can always use crashing saves.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Gruz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:06:32 am »

Huh, I still found it...

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=307
(15,89mb)

So, it will crash about 5-6 Opal. I did tweak world gen start year, megabeasts and volcanoes. And I did forbid dwarves inside after load, "only Soldiers can go out". This is actually 39b save, but crash ofcourse with 39c too. Last I tested with 39c just a second ago.

I did load autumn save, let those human (not dwarf :/) traders leave, and my only problem now is lack of water :D, winter is at end and  everything worked fine.

Btw, I think there is weird problem with merchants sometimes. They wont leave depot if you stuck it when they are leaving, then open it again and they still dont want to leave, even if the way is clear... I have to test it more though as I cant be 100% sure about this one.

I hope this helps...

Gruz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 01:14:06 am »

Forget to say, press F1 for those stuck merchants to main gate depot. There is other one few levels down which is empty.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 10:27:29 pm »

Okay, I've grabbed it and I'll take a look when I do the crash saves.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 04:51:23 am »

Okay, this has been fixed.  The stuck merchant musk oxen gave birth, and it wasn't handling those babies correctly.  Even after I fixed the crash, the guards still cut them down, which I've since fixed as well.  I haven't handled stuck merchants yet.