Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "fixing" fire imps?  (Read 2931 times)

Poco a Poco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "fixing" fire imps?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 11:52:13 am »

Fire imps are such pushovers, any miner or woodcutter (activated of course) can easily kill all your imps. They're only size 3. And their fat boils upon butchering, which is awesome. Fireproof leather/bone is good stuff too.

Fire/Magma men are a different story though.

Edit: Fire imps don't fly, according to the raws.

Without fireballs they're pushovers, but with the fireball they easily kill any unlucky dwarves who wander nearby.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 09:58:31 pm »

Fire imps are such pushovers, any miner or woodcutter (activated of course) can easily kill all your imps. They're only size 3. And their fat boils upon butchering, which is awesome. Fireproof leather/bone is good stuff too.

Fire/Magma men are a different story though.

Edit: Fire imps don't fly, according to the raws.

Without fireballs they're pushovers, but with the fireball they easily kill any unlucky dwarves who wander nearby.

With all of the fire imps my dwarves have killed, only one or two have ever been hit by fireballs. I tend to send wrestlers out to snap their necks the second they start wandering on land, so by the time they're agitated enough to breathe fire, the chokehold on their neck is making it hard to breathe anything at all.

They're really only dangerous if you leave them unchecked. Actively exterminate them, and they're just a source of cool bones.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 12:38:35 am »

I find them most dangerous against marksdwarves, because they don't breathe fire when they're involved in a close combat, so if your dwarves manage to get close to them they're safe. It's a matter of a luck.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 01:23:20 am »

I've seen imp fireballs (which look awesome btw) fly right past the intended target and hit some mason, who is completely unhurt. I imagine him looking up and going "Huh? What?".

And fire imps are already 'fixed'. They have no gender.  :P
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

perilisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 03:38:01 pm »

Thats why I avoided the FIXED_TEMP tag, I want my Dragon to resist the heat, not be on fire -.-.

(IANAM) Couldn't you just give a fixed temp number that isn't prone to burninating things? Say, Dwarf homoeotherm or maybe somewhat higher?

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 01:15:52 pm »

Thats why I avoided the FIXED_TEMP tag, I want my Dragon to resist the heat, not be on fire -.-.

(IANAM) Couldn't you just give a fixed temp number that isn't prone to burninating things? Say, Dwarf homoeotherm or maybe somewhat higher?

Yes, you could.  It might still melt ice, but it wouldn't set stuff on fire.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.
Pages: 1 [2]