Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Succession] The Ark  (Read 4384 times)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Succession] The Ark
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:37:25 am »

Intro -
 Today the king has had a vision! The king decreed that us seven dwarves will be sent out into the forest! To build an Ark! The king has invisioned that a flood will be coming. He has requested that us be the ones to go for he has forseen it! Our job is to do his request, he has has a scribe write this list for us.

~~Requirements of Ark~~
1 Hold the king and his people safe from flood, be submergible.
2 Be battle ready for anything we may encounter in the waters or during building.
3 Be able to hold and grow food and drink for the population for the duration of the flood.
4 Hold freshwater for the wounded and large amount of coal to heat the forges.
5 During building everthing must be inside the ship.
6 Must stand on supports so when thy lands flood we may pull the switch to detach it from the ground.
7 Farther into the duration of the building the ship must be boarded through a tower, other towers must provide water to the ship.

Non Ropeplayish -
The goal of this succession game is to build an ark (big surprise!). It has to adhere to the "kings" requirements along with anything the "people" may later on request. We are the people. Everyturn you take you must pick a new dwarf to be an name him. Turns will last one full year. I will download the files each turn and post a map to the df map archive. If you dont reply when your turn comes I will message you, if you do not reply in one day your turn will be passed on and you must get back in line. I will take the first turn and update this hopefully once a day. I do have a social life so I may not show, you do not need me to continue the game.

If you have any input please say so..
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:42:01 pm by Elite Marksdwarf »

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession] The Ark
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:38:44 am »

~place holder~

Version = Vanilla 39c, when posting screen shots please do not use a tile set just turn it off for the shot.

Time of turn = One year

List of turns -
1. Elite Marksdwarf (Complete)
2. ChJees (Complete)
3. Grek (Complete)
4. Haven (Gradually working on it)
5. Aardvark
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:40:53 pm by Immortal »

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:44:14 am »

I will join :3.

Expect with me in charge that you will get more food than you ever need ;D.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:49:40 am »

ok :) so do you have any idea on the amount of time it should be, i like half a year.

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:54:04 am »

A half-year seems too short when you are going to setup a booming economy :P.

How big is the ark going to be anyway? (10x20x6 ???)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:00:18 am »

How big is a good question.. I expect at least 4-5 floors plus the roof um, a 3 wide corridor that goes through the ship. so like 15 sqaures wide and like 200 sqaures long? Im not to sure, really its w.e the people building it decide with my turn im just going to channel the dock out. and we can live under the hull for a bit. we need a large embark area so we have suffiencent wood. we will make alot of it from green glass to save on wood. anyways I have lunch and then going out. hopefully you and others who want to join in will help decide.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 12:16:02 pm »

I will join in this endevour

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 12:36:41 pm »

I think this shall sound fun! Assuming I don't blow a hole in the thing on my turn...

Also, if your dwarf dies while you're playing, does your turn end?

(Also, vanilla 39c? Should it be a do-it-yourself flood that we can blame on evil cultists? Should we order two of each animal? Aquifer? Everything in the boat? Heck, is this a boat or a waterproof fort?)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:07:39 pm by Haven »

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 08:03:13 pm »

If you dwarf dies your turn does not end. Im thinking everyone should name two dwarves.. but one will be used as your character so you can take that ones perspective..
Yes vanilla 39c
Yes we need aquifer and it will be a do-it-yourself flood.
Yep we need to catch and buy lots of animals
It is not a boat, It is not a waterproof fort, it is an arc, so basically its a large waterproof boat shaped fort.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:55:58 pm by Elite Marksdwarf »

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 01:02:12 pm »

Journal of Scott (Carpenter)

9th Granite - Today is the first day I have had time to write in here, the area for the Ark is large the boat shall be aswell. We have decided to name the ship , StormBreaker. I am making beds for our dwarves and some buckets incase we get hurt. The wood burner and glass maker are digging the dry dock. The wood burner is known as Obok and he narrowly escaped drowning when he dug into a pond, the water pushed him into the tunnel of the other diggin, luckily he keep his cool and could mine away from the water fast enough.

6th Slate - I have taken up a pick along side the mechanic Zuntir. The others have done there share now I must give mine. We have half the dry dock done, we are moving stuff under the soon to be hull of the boat. The food and bed is under, the farms are being plowed. For now that is it.

10th Felsite - I took a walk today, I saw 6 groundhogs running in the field. Zuntir and I are stilling mining our share. The other carpenter Led has made us some tables and chairs, she also made some supports under the boat.

17th Hematite - It has been tiring I am passing my pick off to the other carpenter, Zuntir the mechanic has taken a liking to mining for now, he says it does not bother him becasue his other skills are not needed yet. I also gave the great idea that the wood burner and glassmaker start work, we will need to make some crafts if we wish to buy and anvil. Channeling around the hull has began.

28th Malachite - They took my advice we should have enough for a iron anvil. The woodcutter Mosus has done his job and cut the trees around the dry dock. He says hes going to start clear cutting and that we will need many logs. Mosus and I sat down and did some rough calculations, we believe we will need atleast 10,000 logs to build the Ark.

19th Galena - ..I saw wolves, I was out for a stroll looking for more ground hogs.. I think the wolves ate them.. We have done quite a bit of channeling, everyone has taken a turn mining except for Mosus he is busy clearcutting. Zuntir is doing the mining. Other then the wolves there is nothing to report.

27th Limestone - The caravan is here! We have been carrying crafts to the depot for days. We are finally done. Those dam mountain home dwarves only brought steel anvils and we cant afford the metals.. I guess it will have to wait. I should mention we brough along 20 peices of silver to create some dull weapons for training when we start the military. It should be good for 10 dual weilding sword dwarves. We bought silk, leather and bags, Along with all the food and drinks they had. This is a busy month, the dry dock is almost done we have many supports and a little work on the stern has begun.

28th Sandstone - The caravan has left.. We asked them to bring anvils next year too,hopefully the iron kind. The traders wanted insturments so the glassmaker is giving a hand at that instead. With the leave of the traders a cougar was spotted.. I hope it doesn't venture to close to us, the creature seems very skiddish.

28th Timeber - There is no barrels for rum! I have been working round the clock try to get some done. Zuntir has a little left to mine on the bow of the dry dock. We fear that theives may be coming to visit sometime, I have used the 4 ropes we brought to chain our war dogs near the trade depot and entrance. Hopefully we do not see them for a while.

13th Moonstone - Hurray! Hurray! Rum for everyone! The dry dock is finished! Look we also have fresh beer! I have made more beds and barrels along with a few bins. The other carpenter finished his time digging awhile ago he is now working on the stern. Mosus has cut somewhere near 500 trees in a litle strip. We should have enough trees for the Ark after about three clearcuts.

14th Opal - Raccoons! They are mighty visious and wont stop attacking, I let a dog loose on them only to be struck down, but he did his job he took out two raccons by the eyes, they are crawling away we will let them die somewhere else. During the fight some kobold theives tried to get in but the dog rolled into him. Zuntir's old skills are being called to set cage traps near the depot for raccons. I will make some cages.

27th Obsidian - Looks like my times giving advices are soon to be up. According to the king his next to call shots will reveal himself at the turn of spring. This month was slow thats all there is to say, I have spent time preparing things for the next dwarf, while doing so I made this list.

~List to next Dwarf~
Fourty beds made for immigrants no needs to worry.
Make barrels and lets the orders of cages run.
Finish adding supports and start work on hull of the ship.
If you look past the bow of the ship underground there are plans on how the ship shall be built,
no need to follow exact but they should help.
Good luck.

-Out of role, ChJees here is the link for the save http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=315 good luck on your turn.

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 01:20:08 pm »

I will get onto it :P.

(Been distracted today)

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 06:41:21 pm »

Playing now. (And i am like WTF!? now when playing :P.)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 09:21:03 pm »

haha ok, why you like wtf?

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 09:26:43 pm »

Because in the state everything was :P.

Since food and booze is no problem so am i going to build on the ship and try to breach the aquifier :P.

(Oh and i was close to get raped by goblin ambushers, but they fled when a caravan entered)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 09:48:46 pm »

Oh dam, dont they only show if they steal stuff? , btw there is no magma lol, burn the forest! piss off the elves! Early on I made some pumping stuff (wood block pipe and corkscrew) since there was not much to do.. so that should help some with the aquifer.
Pages: [1] 2 3