Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39b] Trade Depot Woes  (Read 721 times)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[39b] Trade Depot Woes
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:03:47 pm »

I noticed my dwarves were not carrying things to the depot.  Thinking this may be a priority thing, I took one dwarf and turned off ALL jobs.  He is now carrying things to the depot, but goes to the zoo between every job.  He is spending as much time there as he is actually carrying items.  In fact the items he is supposed to be carrying are the stones from around the trade depot (so they are 1 square away.)

Potentially he is exhausted from carrying the stone 1 square and needs a break, but this is an experienced dwarf that WAS carrying mechanisms to the furniture stockpile, about 60-80 total steps.  (past the depot they were scheduled to go to, which is what tuned me in to the problem)

This is my first spring caravan.

I had no troubles with the dwarf caravan.

There are no mods, just graphics sets.  I backed up a save, if anybody wants it, the dwarf's name is Dibar Zefonsefol

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: [39b] Trade Depot Woes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:10:55 pm »

Might just be a lazy dwarf. You get the odd one occasionally. Just like it's possible to get a dwarf that isn't dependent on alcohol (although EXTREMELY unlikely).
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:21:13 pm »

Getting "need a trade depot to trade", also. Very odd...especially considering I have one and it's get-toable.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 08:36:30 pm »

Getting "need a trade depot to trade", also. Very odd...especially considering I have one and it's get-toable.

That happens whether or not they can get to it. It's a glitch.

Lord Byte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lordbyte.be
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 02:11:31 am »

I'll expand on the Trade depot woes. Carrying items to the trade depot seems to have one of the lowest priorities nowadays. Dwarves tend to cancel whatever they're carrying for the most idiotic reasons (they cancel carrying a friggen ring a step away from the depot to run back a hundred tiles to pick up a door to bring to a stockpile. That, the health care and the harvesting problem seems to indicate that the priorities of tasks seem to be the opposite of what they should be...

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 07:38:29 am »

Some of that is due to the pathfinding problems... I've heard there's a fix coming for that.  (Dwarf finds his path is blocked, drops what he's doing and tries for something else)