Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is this utility helpful?

Yes
No
Can't figure out how to use it

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New utility: ParseDFLogs  (Read 6965 times)

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New utility: ParseDFLogs
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 05:56:22 pm »

Er... Im not quite sure.  When you create a bunch of worlds it numbers them sequentaily (regionX).  The parseing program only parses the files when they are renamed region1-world_history and region1-site_and_pops.

What I'd like to be able to do is instead of having it just check that one file is check for other files called regionX-world_history and regionX-site_and_pops and also total those up in the same way and create similar summary files called regionX-civs.

In other words, I think what you suggested would work, but I really dont know.  XD

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »

I've never queued up multiple worlds before. The files that go region1-world_history and region1-site_and_pops show up after you do an export (p) after genning a world. Do you get the option to automatically gen them when doing batch builds? If so, then what I suggested would work fine. If not, you may need to go into each world in legends mode and tell the game to export it's history.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 08:28:09 pm »

Ah, well, I gen them one at a time, but do it multiple times on the same game.  So every time you press p it outputs a new file one number larger then the previous.   So for instance if you gened three worlds there would be corrisponding files for region 1 2 and 3 if you pressed (p) every time to export them.  If you only did on 1 and 3 lets say, then there would only be export files for that.

Looking at what you wrote earlier I think that is the solution (it just took me a while to figure out what you were talking about).

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 09:51:11 pm »

Ok. Well, I'll see if I can make a batch version of the script, then. Shouldn't be hard at all.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Linthar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2008, 06:26:14 pm »

I want to thank you for making this. I've been playing around with modding, and this has made observing the results of worldgen far far easier then it otherwise would be.
Pages: 1 2 [3]