Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39b] "Contagious" aquifers  (Read 699 times)

Selbio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[39b] "Contagious" aquifers
« on: July 16, 2008, 04:09:14 pm »

Water from aquifers seems to turn all the walls it touches into aquifer; they become designated as "wet" and mining into them has normal aquifer effects. This is happening on a glacier map where an aquifer was present in only a third of the region.

I'll post again when I have the save uploaded.

Selbio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [39b] "Contagious" aquifers
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 04:30:47 pm »

Save uploaded: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~benselb/region1.zip
Originally, only the farthest right aquifer bit was actually aquifer, along with the four adjacent tiles. Anyway, the lever opens that door and lets the water in.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 02:14:11 am »

Any wall with adjacent water will flash wet as a warning, and if you mine it out, that water will flow out.  Is that what's going on?  The aquifer square itself will flow out water out into these squares if it can.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Selbio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 04:01:59 pm »

I can't seem to make it happen again; when it happened the first time, the room was filled with 3/7 water and when I took out a wall it managed to fill the whole area to 6/7 before I exited. I'm running in Linux under Wine, and that save isn't exactly how it was set up; I had to make some parts over again from memory. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be a general problem, and might very well have been some sort of oversight on my part (although I'm sure I closed the door before mining, I'm not entirely sure of the way I constructed the system in the first place).

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 05:42:36 pm »

I saw this myself.  ???

Here is what I have.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXCCCCCCUX
    wXCCCCCCCX
    XXCCCCCCdX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

one Z level down
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X    X       X
X    F       X
X    X      uX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

F = closed Flood Gate(after filling resevoir for well...)
U = Stairs up to Aquifer one Z level up.
u/d = Stairs to d/u
C = Channel

anyways... At first I thought the well was over flooding... So I loaded from a saved game,
and added the Flood gate.  Even with the flood gate closed I had water gushing from the Well(?)
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.