Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39b] Turned off "periodically erode extreme cliffs," didn't work.  (Read 1061 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

I like having sheer cliffs for some reason, so I turned off the option to smooth the cliffs in the worldgen parameters. Despite this, it still smoothed the cliffs. What the hell?

EDIT: fixed the name in the title.
EDIT2: Fixed version# in title.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:59:42 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is other erosion options in the parameters, no ? I remember something like "erode turns"...

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

Yeah, but it seems like turning the option I mentioned off should completely stop cliff smoothing. If that's not what it's supposed to do, it should probably be renamed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Wirewraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38b] Turned off "periodically erode extreme cliffs," didn't work.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 05:08:19 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20656.0

Yeah, basically Toady smoothed out cliffs entirely. There may be a way to change this in the world parameter settings, but I can't for the life of me work out what 90% of the options do anyway so who knows.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: [38b] Turned off "periodically erode extreme cliffs," didn't work.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 05:13:26 pm »

Yeah, basically Toady smoothed out cliffs entirely. There may be a way to change this in the world parameter settings, but I can't for the life of me work out what 90% of the options do anyway so who knows.

That's my point, the parameter setting should be the one I'm talking about. It doesn't seem to work, though, which is why I'm posting in the Bug Reports.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [39b] Turned off "periodically erode extreme cliffs," didn't work.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 02:09:21 am »

This parameter erodes extreme cliffs in world gen, that is >15 differences in elevation between world map tiles.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!