Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where in the dang did my Idlers display go?  (Read 1258 times)

Benitosimies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where in the dang did my Idlers display go?
« on: July 15, 2008, 08:27:27 pm »

This information is vital to the fortress. Where is my handy little unemployment figures display in the corner?
Something really needs to be done about ice. At the moment it's like some kind of Pitch Black threat where everyone dies at sunset. Feel free to substitute that film reference with one without Vin Diesel.
--Skizelo

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: Where in the dang did my Idlers display go?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 08:31:08 pm »

Look to the top right of your DF window and you will find what you seek.

Benitosimies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:44:59 pm »

It's going to take me forever to decondition and learn how to look slightly up.
Something really needs to be done about ice. At the moment it's like some kind of Pitch Black threat where everyone dies at sunset. Feel free to substitute that film reference with one without Vin Diesel.
--Skizelo

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:30:02 pm »

There's an option in the init file to move it back to the bottom.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 12:38:23 am »

This is just my opinion but wouldn't it have mad emore sense for it to default to the 'old' down the bottom and give people the option of having it up the top?

I'm lucky I have the habit of always going into the init file first time I dl a new version and I changed mine.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 12:39:49 am »

I got confused and went to the init file. Found it there, wish it was defaulted at the bottom though.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 01:30:49 am »

Between the idler display and the FPS counter, I keep losing track of when I'm paused.  I was sitting there staring at a guy deconstructing a wall for several minutes, wondering what the hell was taking him so long.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 03:19:56 am »

whoa! it moved? :o i didnt even notice yet...
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Cryten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 06:04:30 am »

I believe this feature is an attempt to get rod of annoucements covering up the idlers count.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 07:07:45 am »

I believe this feature is an attempt to get rod of annoucements covering up the idlers count.

Exactly, before i always needed to go into a menu and back to get annoying overlapsing announcements away because i couldn't see the idlers count, now i don't anymore wich is great imo.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 01:13:20 pm »

This is just my opinion but wouldn't it have mad emore sense for it to default to the 'old' down the bottom and give people the option of having it up the top?

Not really, what with the game being in alpha and all. :) Obviously Toady thought displaying them on the top was the better design choice, and if so that should really be the default. If all new features were opt-in, few would ever use them.
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.