Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Minor] Window starts at the top of screen (all revisions so far - 191.39b)  (Read 637 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem with the window starting up at the very top of the screen is when those of us (and I know I'm not the only one) who have the taskbar at the top of the screen start up the game, the window starts up underneath the taskbar meaning that you have to right click on the taskbar, select move, keyboard down and then use the mouse to position.

It's more of an annoyance more than anything else.  If you think about it when you patch next, could you peep over to that bit of code?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I'd like this to be an init option, because it works just fine at the top of the screen for me.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't even have to be an option... I'm just asking for the code to accommodate the taskbar if it's in the way.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game always starts in the upper left corner of the screen, which is sometimes a small nuisance. I imagine (hope?) it's a quick fix when Toady gets around to it. :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:36:50 am by FFLaguna »

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile

Should be quite easy to put the starting window position at say (100,100) instead of (0,0).  All it involves is changing one line of code!
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, make it save window position. I won't compromise. :)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

...hasn't it ALWAYS started in the top left, even in pre-39a? I don't see how this is a bug...
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile

The game always starts in the upper left corner of the screen, which is different from pre-39a. I imagine (hope?) it's a quick fix. :)

It's done that for as long as I can remember.

No, make it save window position. I won't compromise. :)

I agree; but the only problem is that there's no current way that the game saves settings session-to-session like that.  The closest thing is init.txt, but that's all user-inputted information.

I think the solution is an option in the init.

Although, it'd be cool to see auto-updated settings and installs so that when the game is updated I don't have to reset the init file by hand, line-by-line, just in case it's changed.

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's done that for as long as I can remember.

Yeah, I was wrong, and I changed my post above so nobody will be the wiser. :) I tested it on .38c and apparently it doesn't save window position... somehow I thought it did.