Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regarding sieges in the newest version: I need a few things cleared up.  (Read 1007 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

1. Will goblins siege you in Fortress mode? If not, will they trade with you?

2. Will elves siege you in Fortress mode? If not, will they trade with you?

EDIT: made the title a bit clearer on what subject I'm asking about in the post. 44 views and no answers...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:45:41 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile

Elves will trade. Goblins, I dunno. In the future, I think whoever's at war with your civ will seige. Whoever isn't will probably trade. Not sure though. Also not sure if that's already the case, as I'm at war with goblins.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile

I don't think anyone's really played enough yet to know the answer to that.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

Alright, is there an easy way to tell if the goblins/elves are at war with my dwarven civ, then?
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile

Press (c)ivilisations.  It'll be pretty obvious if you;re at Peace or at War...

Looking at mine, both gobbos and kobolds have made their peace with me...   :'(  I think I may finish this fortress in .38c as I've been relying on them as my mobile iron mine. 
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you can only get the (c)ivilization info if you have already made contact with them.  i noticed that on the Embark screen, goblins had a red dashed line after them when they were listed there.  i dont know if this indicated war or what, but i dont remember it from the previous version.

Linthar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The peace indicator on the civilizations screen seems to be broken. Both goblins and kobolds are listed as being at piece with me, but I've already gotten my first kobold thief and goblin ambush.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

I heard that red line means war. But there's no easier way to check for current wars than waiting for the traders/siegers to show up? I was kinda hoping there was an option in Legends or something... Meh.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:23:16 pm by Untelligent »

VeryBadThingsDownHere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got two goblin ambushes, and a few snatchers, so I'd guess the answer to goblin sieges is yes.
Why don't you kids finish that barrel before opening a new one!?

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile

Siegers, ambushers, snatchers and thieves are generated at your fortress. They don't actually show any indication of your relations with the gobbos or kobolds.

We'll have to wait for the next part of the army arc for them to actually come from the civs.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have noticed on the embark screen that sometimes a civilization shows up with "WAR" next to its name, but Goblins have a red line even if they're not at war - maybe that just means they're evil.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Goblin:  "We're so evil, we have a red line after our names!  MUAHAHAHAHA, eevil, EEEVIIIIL!"

Elf:  "Uphold moral and ethical practices, or we'll send a thousand screaming berserkers to eat you."

Dwarf:  "Hey, I just realized that I can build stuff from the east!"