Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Share your most wicked fighters in history!  (Read 6151 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Share your most wicked fighters in history!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 04:00:00 pm »

I had an elf with around 370 kills..  The twist being that all of them were elves.
She also fought in many battles against the elves.
But, to no surprise, there's another twist there.
She was with one other elf.  Against armies of hundreds.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Havell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abandonia.com
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 07:26:39 pm »

I first came across this elf on a small-sized world generated with default parameters.  The other elven civilization had been wiped out in around the year 50, as for this civilization, a series of wars of the whole "eating the corpses of dead enemies" thing has been waging since about 10, against three human civilizations.  In 44 there was a battle against humans that reduced the elven army from 5 to 1 (they'd had a series of pyrrhic victories leading up to this).  This one elf (the one pictured) had held out on her own until the end of worldgen, when I got a quest to kill her.  The quest giver told me she'd killed 201 humans and then reeled off a massive list of his relatives she'd killed:

After arriving at the last forest retreat in the world, and killing 10 civilian elves, she caught site of me and announced herself.  This took around 10 minutes as she reeled off her kills (one of the best DF experiences I've had, the huge variety of lurid descriptions and the lists of dozens of leaders of nearby human groups were staggering:

Needless to say, she thrashed my hammerman, in the time it took for me to take a single step, she's covered the distance from the edge of my vision to me, and in the time it took for me to miss with an attack, she'd knocked me unconscious and pulverized me with her fists (she had no weapons or armour).  This happened three more times until I made a crossbowman and went after her (though it still took almost a dozen bolts to kill her, and she damn near killed me in the process).

I then used the same world and history seeds, only I extended the amount of time the world stayed in generation (via the parameters).  She ended up finally dying, to an otherwise completely unnotable human (no other kills or past battle experience) in 144 (having been the only elf fighter for the past 100 years) and with the number of kills you can see in the image at the top (she devoured every single one of them afterwards ,I believe.  The last forest retreat was destroyed after this battle.  As far as I know, the last elf alive is on the other side of the map, being the only prisoner taken from the extermination of the other elven civilization.

Well, I was impressed.  I'm about to generated the same world in 143, so I can try and fight against her just before she dies to see just how good she gets.  Or, maybe I'll kill the human who ends up killing her, then play a series of fortresses to pass the time while she gets even better...

Emily Murkpaddled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 07:48:18 pm »

Havell, I think that you just captured the very essence of this arc. Wow. Seriously, wow.

I can only hope that I one day manage to parse out of the massive wealth of stories one so amazing to 'live' myself. :)

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 08:53:09 pm »

that just gave me a great motivation to regen Besmar's  world, and stop it after she is captured, and do battle with her.  Maybe do another and see if i can come across her 4 companions before they died.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2008, 12:01:09 pm »

Catten Honorglazed was a dwarf born in 745. He was the only son of Lor Lancecovered the Praised Seer of Rams. The identity of his mother has been lost to time.

3 of his brothers had been stolen from the nearby goblin fortress, Deadpacked, which had been locked in a bitter war with Catten's dwarven stronghold, Roundarches. He became a ranger, then a guard of Roundarches. Then, apparently, he decided to go avenge his family.

The dwarf proceeded to head over to Deadpacked and killed the 830-year old demon, Osta Dietombs, which had been controlling the entire nearby goblin empire and was a subject of worship for thousands of goblins.

He then proceeded to begin wiping out most of the residents of Deadpacked before heading home. In the proceeding 150 years Roundarches was attacked over and over by the elf, dwarf, and human slaves of the goblins who kept attacking the fortress. By the end Catten had had 140 kills including the demon and one of his own brothers. He was struck down in Roundarches by an elf slave, Aslot Raysnightmares.

I have never seen anyone kill a demon before this, and the interesting thing is that even after the demon died, goblins still continued to start worshipping him.

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 12:13:19 pm »

And: holy shit, this guy's father:

You can tell by the dwarven last names that he killed that they were all evil dwarves from the nearby goblin stronghold.

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 01:34:19 pm »

And a badass hunter

Dwarf, eventually died of old age, at age 349.

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2008, 08:13:48 pm »

I love these stories. :) I think Besmar is my new favorite dwarven name.

I have never seen anyone kill a demon before this, and the interesting thing is that even after the demon died, goblins still continued to start worshipping him.

Not so strange, really. Obviously they think his death was just a part of his cunning plan, and he's going to return one day and destroy all his enemies.
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2008, 09:44:52 pm »

I have a similar one, Havell.

I just generated a new world, and I was particularly enraptured when during the world gen i watched an Elven Forrest Retreat shrink in size and then change into a Dwarf Forrest Retreat, then roads suddenly cut all through the forrest and it began growing rapidly.

Later, I was looking at the history of the Age of Heroes.  There is another elf civilization that is at war at the start of the game (year 300) and has been for the last 60 years.  Most of the battles are against one small elf town that only has one single elf left in it.

That Elf is "Vafice Thunderjail the Just Wil of Soaring, and she has killed SIX HUNDRED EIGHTY-FIVE elfs, goblins, and humans.

It's a default large world, here is the seed if you want to track her down:

[TITLE:LARGE]
   [SEED:1184784917]
   [HISTORY_SEED:1942696122]
   [NAME_SEED:4212343772]

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2008, 12:29:33 am »

I haven't checked his kills, but this has got to be a pretty bad ass bug.

Fone Fieryfurnace, ardensaur.
   Slain.
Calovi Tulipblazes, silver xelic.
   Received nine wounds yet emerged victorious.

Part of the Ardensaur Rampage in Desertrites.
In 2, Fone Fieryfurnace attacked Calovi Tulipblazes.
In 2, Calovi Tulipblazes's first left upper arm was burned by Fone Fieryfurnace.
In 2, Calovi Tulipblazes's second right upper arm was burned away by Fone Fieryfurnace.
In 2, Calovi Tulipblazes's right upper leg was burned away by Fone Fieryfurnace.
In 2, Calovi Tulipblazes's left foot was burned by Fone Fieryfurnace.
In 2, Calovi Tulipblazes's right eye was burned out by Fone Fieryfurnace.
In 2, Calovi Tulipblazes's left upper leg was burned by Fone Fieryfurnace.
In 2, Calovi Tulipblazes's first right lower arm was burned by Fone Fieryfurnace.
In 2, Calovi Tulipblazes's first right upper arm was burned by Fone Fieryfurnace.
In 2, Calovi Tulipblazes's left foot was burned away by Fone Fieryfurnace.
In 2, Fone Fieryfurnace was struck down by Calovi Tulipblazes in Desertrites.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:13:42 pm by Nonanonymous »

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2008, 08:33:28 am »

Wow, that is bad ass, having almost all his (her?) limbs burned off, yet still killing the attacker.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2009, 07:54:57 pm »

Alas, that I had come across this thread ages ago. Gives me a good idea of what the relative definition of "epic" is in the context of Legends Mode.

Still, it's good to know that even the baddest of heroes past has not come close to Tholtig's 2,341 kills, or her husband's 1955 kills, or even her great-grand nephew Obok's 1654 kills. I just wish there was a way for me to fight her.

;D ;D ;D

Edit: I think I'll just post the image:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 08:27:46 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2009, 10:18:49 pm »

Unfortunately this is from a Large world gen- before  I started turning off history culling so the kill list shows lots of unknowns, but as an entity leader most of his kills were from sieges.

Without Further ado, I present Sidaya, The Bad Pelt of Style.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I always have imaged the first enemy Civ he fought against as a Roving band of geriatric Dwarves, raising hell when the ice melts in spring and they can no longer go curling.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 10:22:19 pm by Nihilist »

Roxorius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2009, 10:21:41 pm »

World gen battles have messed up math. It's exceedingly common for a single survivor in a town to kill hundreds before being the last one conquered, making this thread somewhat a contest of "how badly did world gen model the battles for your world" rather than "awesome, here's a really rare occasion."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2009, 10:24:50 pm »

I think it is because of how combat during World Gen is done.

What I think happens is that they divide up the kills between the survivors.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4