Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Share your most wicked fighters in history!  (Read 6149 times)

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Share your most wicked fighters in history!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 12:44:58 pm »

Well, mostly the worlds I play in have their civilizations obliterated by megabeasts.  However, there are a couple figures worth mentioning from the most recent world I made:

Most kills: Spishab Tiredlarge the Confining Blood, a titan who is SURELY on the hit-list of the elves and the ETA

Honorable mention due to number of megabeasts killed with the restriction of being a kobold goes to: Prudubleengus Angelplunges the Strikes of Impaling, a kobold

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 12:57:17 pm »

Lumen, how many years did it take for the titan to get that many kills? I only rarely see a kill list get over two hundred, let alone one thousand two hundred.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 01:00:30 pm »

Where did you get the new megabeasts?
Shoes...

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 01:02:04 pm »

Oh sure, you all have warriors...can you beat my diplomat?

That's right, almost maxed out stats. I noticed a U symbol violently racing across my lands, only to find this guy. I immediately checked him out in Legends. Absolutely nothing special about him. He was a siege operator, then a farmer, then a diplomat...yet he had all these sudden stat gains. I should also mentioned he's outlived his wife and all his children at the age of 103.

The guy is like a mob boss at this point.

"buy some pig tail rope"

"Uh...well...Daseb, my friend, I just don't think we really need anymo-"

"I will break you in half."

"Yeah ok that's fair, put me up for 10 of them."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 01:02:20 pm »

Those are "other kills", from "adventuring" or raiding towns. It's not uncommon to get wild beast kills score into several hundreds, though that's the first time I see it go over a thousand.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 01:42:38 pm »

To be honest, I think the titan with lots of kills was largely just a result of being highly adventurous, a hunter, very very large, and living a long time.  I don't think it's particularly impressive except that there are just so many of them.  The ones others were posting were all elf/dwarf/goblin kills, which are much more difficult.  I'm generating a more typical world to see if I can't get some heroes from wars or something.

Oh, and the megabeasts are from the Legendary Lands mod... For some reason, gray dragons from that mod tend to completely dominate my worlds.  A couple worlds ago, there was a clutch of seven gray dragons that earned the enmity of every single civilization.  Combined, they had well over two thousand kills of important people.  Only one had died by the end of world generation... I'm trying to write up a story about killing them complete with screenshots :P
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:44:30 pm by LumenPlacidum »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 01:45:39 pm »

Where did you get the new megabeasts?

That's my Legendary Lands mod. Frequently found and updated on the mods subforum
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 01:12:10 am »

A bit more from the Legend of Besmar...

Besmar's Grandchildren.

Turns out three of her children lived long enough to have children of their own.

Daughter of Vabok Dangledknives,  Stozu Gloriesspider was born in year 60, marrying and becoming a gaurd at the local goblin tower at age 13.  That same year Degel Swordrasps the Curious Bend of Relics smashed her upper body, leading her to give up her career as a guard and take up farming at a different goblin town.  She was shot and killed by her grandmother Besmar the next year.

Son of Sibrek Guilddawned, Stozu Battlenightmare was born in year 62, He married at age 16, worked a few years as a fisher, before becoming a babysnatcher.  He managed to kidnap 7 children in his career, and had his ear smashed by his grandmother Besmar in year 84.  He became the leader of the goblin civilization in year 88, he was shot and killed by Besmar in "The Gory Seige" of 94. He had 3 children.

Sibrek's other son, Aslot Incestchained was born in 64, married at age 14, becoming a ranger and gaurd, struck down by Besmar in year 82.  He had 3 children.

Geshud Bastioniron managed to have a son, Osnun Vilejaws in 68, who began hunting beasts at age 12,   He was ambushed and killed by a Cougar named Somberrushed after 3 years of wandering.  He was one of the few worshipers of the demon who had died in the initial attack against Standardbury.

Edit: just checked the whole family tree, Besmar killed 6/7 of her great grandchildren, the 7th murdered by a goblin,  10/10 of her great-great grandchildren, and 5/8 of here great-great-great grandchildren, (2 were killed by invading humans, one died to a human guard while baby snatching)  Whereupon she finished off the last of her lineage right around the year 130.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:55:58 am by Vactor »
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 02:14:39 am »

Someone should make a parsing tool that can trace bloodlines and all associated events. We are surely missing lots of Besmar-like tragedies.
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

folo4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 07:52:48 am »

...we really need diplomacy.

They could have raised the "gene" card:

Besmar: DIE, GOBLIN SCUM WHO LOOKS LIKE ME!

Aslot: Wait, please don't! Surely, you would like your incredible lineage to-

Besmar: YOU KILLED MY HUSBAND!? DIE, FREAK!

..oh wait, her husband got killed and her children got snatched, indicating disappointment akin to having a dwarf master-art defaced . She would've gone straight to miserable, and onwards to berzerk.

One wonders whether the defender alongside Besmar got killed trying not to provoke a berserk elf.

MastaODisasta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 12:24:46 pm »

This is the story of Oled Waywardsteamy the Rough Wing of Nesting, who took the lives of over 170 elves in the defense of Polishpleated and The Artificial Fellowship.  Oled was born in Tributesilvers in 14 and led a mostly uneventful life wondering the wilds until the age of 23, when he moved to the new settlement of Polishpleated in 37.  In 43 Polishpleated and The Artificial Fellowship became the target of the elves of the Fins of Admiration.

Oled fought in all of the many sieges brought on by The Fins of Admiration and their cowardly leader, Afe Drummedpines, who never killed a single creature in his years of battle.  Oled took part in the first siege, The Molten Sieges, in 43, where 32 humans fought off an army of 144 elves.  Oled fought a series of similar battles over the next 20 years, most notably The Outrageous Clash of Beasts, where 3 humans stopped an army of 100 elves.

Despite the leadership rapidly changing in Polishpleated, the defenders remained vigilant and victorious over and over again.  Finally, in the year 59 Oled was made ruler of Polishpleated and led a successful defense of the town the following year.

This success, however, was short lived as the next year another siege came.  This time a stray bolt managed to hit Oled and he fell in battle.  His body was never found.  This battle was the turning point of the war, as the next year in 62 the town was sieged and fell to the elves.  Only one survivor remained and managed to flee to the hills.
This is a signature.

Linthar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 12:29:58 pm »

Instead of an individual I would like to nominate an entire fortress. When I was experimenting with making a forest world, I stumbled across the dwarven fortress called oldhall. The defenders of this place held of 50 attacks consisting of at least 1,000 elves, including at the height of their glory this battle:

The defenders of that fortress averaged around 200 kills a piece.

Newton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 01:12:39 pm »

Madness?!?  No... this is OLDHALL!!!!  Love that battle, I'm sure great bards sing about the glory of the Dwarves during that great seige for many generations to come.

Besmar is an interesting character, and I could easily imagine a series of novels about her exploits.  Distraught with her own blood linage becoming allies with the hated goblins, she swore an oath to destroy any of her blood who would choose such a path.

I bet after about the 4th Great grandchild she killed, she was thinking... man, I really shouldn't have had so many children.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 01:44:01 pm »

Oldhall is great. There are also a few more nice things - the Siege of Onslaught is very fitting, and the Emancipation of Crucifixion is a very descriptive title for a dwarf. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

dUMBELLS

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Misc. Object User (RUSTY)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 02:00:09 pm »

It doesn't involve nearly any fighting but it shows a long history of this kobold civilization:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

but I'll find a fighter, I pruhmiz :3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4