Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Share your most wicked fighters in history!  (Read 6150 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Share your most wicked fighters in history!
« on: July 15, 2008, 04:16:16 pm »

Not "your" as in "the one you made", but "the one you found".

Post any impressive kill lists by historical figures you encounter in the legends of your worlds.

I'll start small.
Apasi Oakferal the Bewildering Rumor of Weight, male elf.

He fled from the destruction of Pearmachines, his home town, by humans in 66, along with 6 more survivors, and settled in Crestedpack, the last (as it turned out) stronghold of elves on this world. He married (in 77), and lived happily as a guard in Crestedpack. In 88, his first and only son was born. This life continued until 121 (he had lots of occurences with multiples of 11, it seems. The german for eleven is "elf", btw.) when his wife was one of the 33 casualties the elves suffered during the Attack of Blazing, in the beginning of the last war of the elves, the Singed Conflict. In the next attack, the Roasted Onslaught, his son died along with 27 more elves. Though the murderers of his family met their end on the same day, he himself could not do anything in the battle, except having his right foot's pinky toe crushed by one of the attackers. I guess that was what made him mad.
In the course of the following years, Apasi fought like a madman mad-elf, delivering killing blows left and right as the population of Crestedpack diminished and the attacking humans sent in wave after wave of fighters.
By 128, he was severely injured, having accumulated a torn off nose and right foot's toe, a mangled finger on the left hand and a wholely mangled right arm, from the 14 kills he had by then. To his opponents' surprise, that only made him fight harder.
By 134, eight elves remained living in Crestedpack. After an attack by a force of 45 human warriors, three remained.
Gica Ransackstone the Royal Girders of Trammeling was chosen the leader for the last of her race, accompanied by Apasi and Ithithi Furmirrored the Strategic Oracle of Savages.
Four years had passed, and only two elves remained. Gica Ransackstone was struck down by one of the officers under the command of Zolak Lieages, the human whom Apasi has fought thrice since. Gica was avenged, when the newly chosen leader Apasi Oakferal finally fought, and defeated Zolak a year later.
Six years of torment and constant sieging later, with three human civilizations attacking at once, Ithithi Furmirrored finally succumbed to her wounds, a proud score of seventy-seven kills under her name.
For two whole years, Apasi Oakferal the Bewildering Rumor of Weight stood alone amidst the ruin of Crestedpack. Two years of ceaseless attacks by three countries. He endured, claiming 30 more human lives. Only when he was lured out of the ruins, were the humans able to assault and overcome him, putting him to rest with a crossbow bolt.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Bluefire

• Bay Watcher
  • Slaves to Khorne
    • View Profile
Re: Share your most wicked fighters in history!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 04:23:32 pm »

This is just incredible. Even the most powerful (and lucky) megabeasts don't survive that long with so many epic victories. Would you mind counting his death toll for us? Oh, and did he devour every man he'd slain? That might explain his power.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:26:07 pm by Bluefire »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 04:37:56 pm »

The picture says One Hundred Eighteen Kills. Surprisingly, not a multiple of 11, though close to it.

His kills were mostly humans, as you'd expect, but there were a few goblins that were fighting alongside the humans. He didn't meet a single megabeast in his life.

Oh, and he did eat a few of his kills, but not all of them. I'm working on a mod to reduce the elves' revolting nature and make them hate goblins more than humans.
It's worthy a note that the first war waged on the world was elves against goblins, as intended. Afterwards the elves got all uppity with humans using animals for labour, but lost and made peace. Then the humans got angry with the elves being "untruthful" and did what I described. :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:42:32 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 04:54:33 pm »

Well, considering this is a small world with an ocean in the middle, I'm surprised there were any wars at all...

However, here is a particularly bad-ass fellow I noticed....

Onec Reintrembled the Moral Roars. Born 42, died 63 and was devoured by his hated enemies, the elves.

He was formerly a fishery worker. He then became a shopkeeper. His head and lower body were smashed by enemies.

In 60 he became leader of his town. Over the next three years, he was besieged by elves. In the end, he had 44 elven kills.

He lost in 63, and over the next year his entire extended family was eaten.

BTW: He was a spear-user or a wrestler I think. He didn't have much collateral damage.

To strike down 44 of the hated hippy-people-eaters is a truly majestic site.

*weeps*
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 05:03:13 pm »

Quote from: Aqizzar
Cemir Earthorgan the Honorable Coal of Vising (b7 d48) lost her mother at birth, married at age 12, and trained as a weaver.  Struck by wanderlust, she nominally moved to another town at age 25, and after losing her husband to intercine warfare, began traveling through the elven wilds.  She then showed up in battle after battle, slaying elf after elf.  After just four years she was named leader of the entire kingdom.  Cemir's crowning moment was at the Battle of Lashes, where she stood alone in elven territory against 66 soldiers.  She struck down 23 without a wound before scaring the rest into a shameful retreat.  She was finally felled by a Master Archer and devoured; the hated Avafi still lives.  In all, Cemir claimed 175 elven lives.  She had three daughters before her husband died - the eldest two were killed by elves, though they each took down some themselves.  The youngest moved far away, and lived for another uneventful eighty years as a guard and priest.

The bar is set.  Can you do better?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bluefire

• Bay Watcher
  • Slaves to Khorne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 05:21:37 pm »

If you tell me how to scroll all the way down without my fingers beginning to hurt, I'm sure I'll find something.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 05:24:43 pm »

PgDn

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 05:47:52 pm »

I found this dwarf when i was talking to a local goblin high priestess who told me how all of her relatives had been killed by the same dwarf (I later found out the priestess had also had her nose smashed by Besmar before she emmirgrated away from the fighting):

Besmar Greatclasp the Radiant Cradle of Persuasion.

A dwarf Born in 21 to Olin Leadcrypts, and Ablel Luredtour.  Her mother Olin wandered the wilds, and her father was a gaurd at the dwarven town of Standardbury.  Her mother killed the Ettin Mebil in 8, but died fighting the giant Sas Drivenbrave when Besmar was 9 years old.

She then lived with her father in Standardbury, where she became a ranger at 12 years old.  The following year she married Likot Bridgenations, a 12 year old farmer. They had their first child at age 14, who was abducted a year later.  Their daughter managed to escape the next year, only to be abducted again at age 7, afterwhich she grew to become a ranger for the goblin forces.

Their second child Logem Flewboard was born in 36, abducted at age 12.
Their third child Kib Whipden was born in 42, and abducted at age 2, and killed in the goblin town at age 13 by a Cyclops's rampage.
their fourth child Lorbam Waspwall was born in 45, and abducted at age 9, settling in the goblin town. She died in 57 to Degel Swordrasps the Curious Bend of Relics while invading Standardbury.
Their fifth child Vabok Dangledknives was born in 47, and abducted at age 1, later became a babysnatcher for the goblin tower.
Their sixth child Sibrek Guilddawned was born in 48, and abducted at age 7, grew up, married, and was eventually murdered by a goblin.
Their seventh and final child Geshud Bastioniron was born in 49, abducted at age 2, escaped at age 10, only to be abducted again at age 11 by his older sister Vabok who had become a babysnatcher.  Both of them were later killed while invading Standardbury by Degel Swordrasps the Curious Bend of Relics, the same who had killed their older sister Lorbam 10 years earlier.

In the year 48 Goblins began attacking, Besmar's father was shot and killed, and her husband Likot shot two dwarves who were the grandchildren of dwarves the goblins had abducted years earlier.  Besmar killed two goblins in the battle.

The attack the next year claimed her husband's life, as well as the life of Standardbury's leader Atir Sealcourage, who was shot and killed by Besmar's eldest daughter who was part of the invading army.  Her daughter was herself shot and killed by Aban Princessoar the Violator of Oracles in the same battle. (Aban later became quite a war hero himself, with 77 total kills, eventually retiring into a liason position and dying of old age in year 98)

Following the death of Sealcourage, Besmar was  elected the leader of Standardbury in the year 50.   She lead the defense of Standardbury against the goblin attacks for 99 years before finally being captured and imprisoned by the goblins in 149 when they finally sacked and destroyed Standardbury.  She lived out her final years at the goblin tower uneventfully before dying of old age in the year 171.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 06:16:56 pm »

Is it just me, or are goblins a bit abduction-happy? I don't think it should be too likely that your entire roster of a dozen children are stolen out from under your nose.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

MathijsBuster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 06:45:04 pm »

I'd kinda start locking my children safely away from the outside after the third kidnapping.
I'd only occasionally open the heavily locked and trapped door to feed them.

... just so those damn goblins won't get another one.
Dwarves: Death from Below!

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 07:47:48 pm »

Besmar's story is full of awesome. One could write dozens of cheap novels around her life full of insane twists like one of her children being kidnapped by one of her previously kidnapped children and her husband slain by another one.
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 12:16:34 am »

Is it just me, or are goblins a bit abduction-happy? I don't think it should be too likely that your entire roster of a dozen children are stolen out from under your nose.

I like to think Besmar was a very unattentive mother, and probably carried her children into battle with her, (with the distinct possibility that she threw them at invading goblins.  I should go back and check the logs, i think at least one of her children had children of their own, there may be Besmar desendants roaming the countryside.   I also curious if there were any other dwarves left in Standardbury when Besmar was finally captured.   I have this image of the last decade of Standardbury being just Besmar roaming the empty halls of the Fortress, shooting enemy dwarves, and tearing the arms off of goblins.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 01:06:15 am »

I just took a small look at the battles, and after suffering a phyrric victory in the first defense of Standardbury, the dwarves only numbered a handful, Degel had a foot torn off early in his career, and Besmar was the solitary defender starting in year 78,  i'll take a deeper look at it tommorow, but that would be 81 years of fighting off the goblins by herself. (the low population would explain why the baby snatchers were always stealing her children too.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 11:58:31 am »

I just took a small look at the battles, and after suffering a phyrric victory in the first defense of Standardbury, the dwarves only numbered a handful, Degel had a foot torn off early in his career, and Besmar was the solitary defender starting in year 78,  i'll take a deeper look at it tommorow, but that would be 81 years of fighting off the goblins by herself. (the low population would explain why the baby snatchers were always stealing her children too.

*pyrrhic
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 12:35:10 pm »

An elf who married in year 1. She mainly killed humans and goblins, but also killed several cyclopes and a titan. The younger son had 8 children.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4