Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bathing  (Read 1204 times)

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bathing
« on: July 15, 2008, 02:13:41 pm »

Is there any way to clean my dwarves off?  It's kinda disturbing to see all my fort's children wearing nothing but one XXPig Tail SockXX and five pages of blood, vomit, and mud.

The only things I could think of were swimming and waterfalls, but neither seemed to do anything  :(
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Re: Bathing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 02:20:07 pm »

You could try to flood their room while they're in it, then empty the water out before they drown. Though that might not work.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 02:23:18 pm »

Is there any way to clean my dwarves off?  It's kinda disturbing to see all my fort's children wearing nothing but one XXPig Tail SockXX and five pages of blood, vomit, and mud.

Your dwarves probably find it more disturbing that their fortress leader wants them clean. They're dwarves! They think of it as an extra layer of protection.

Quiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 02:25:50 pm »

Those should work, you might not have given them enough time for all the layers of grime.  You can get your dwarves to dump the worn clothing, though I don't think there is a way to convince them to get new stuff if they don't care to.  Making sure that you have at least one shop that is a clothing store, and that you have a good supply of clothes available is probably the best you can do for that.  Putting a gathering area where there is waterfall mist would probably be the easiest way to get them clean.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 02:44:19 pm »

Thanks, I'll try getting them under waterfalls for longer periods of time.  My fortress is...not exactly a good layout for installation of a waterfall, but there's a couple high-traffic spots I could probably stick one in.

Speaking of which, any suggestions on how much drainage a waterfall would need?  The first one I built as an experiment was 3-wide and it always started to outstrip the drainage by just enough to start a very slow flood.

As for clothing, I have about a half-dozen shops that wound up as clothing stores, so my dwarves usually have at least some pants or a shirt...just not always.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 06:35:18 pm »

The first waterfall I made (based off the design posted on these boards somewhere) had a one tile-wide input and 6 grates below for output. Overkill maybe, but too much drainage has no bad effect, too little drainage leaves drowned dwarves.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 09:45:52 pm »

You might want to take a look at the Dwarf wash-o-matic
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 12:29:48 am »

You might want to take a look at the Dwarf wash-o-matic

That was a great story.  I would have replied to the post itself, but it told me it's old, so if I could not, thanks.  =->
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer