Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: got regional prospector working (39+)  (Read 16082 times)

mmeurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
got regional prospector working (39+)
« on: July 15, 2008, 12:58:39 pm »

NOTE: As of release 0.28.181.39d this tool is completely unnecessary. Dwarf Fortress now has all the features of this tool and more built in, including an automatic site finder! Have fun searching for that terrifying 3x3, flux, magma, HFS, cave river, heavily forested, etc. -mmeurk

With my limited knowledge of asm I managed to get regional prospector working. It took more time that I am willing to admit, but it works.
Unfortunatly it screws with the display of rivers (they show up as '~' and not in the right colors, i assume some things were changed due to the addition of roads), and it crashes at times, not sure why. only works with 39a and 39b, source is included. Perhaps someone with a bit more patience fix the remaining issues. I can't test if the features are displayed in the right place due to lack of reveal, but i did embark at a chasm. I was spawned right next to it.

An ambush!  Drive them out!
M–thkat Eshtƒnlelum, Miner has become entangled in a hidden web!
M–thkat Eshtƒnlelum, Miner cancels Pickup Equipment: Webbed.
Olon Mengrith, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider.
The Stray Dog (Tame) has been struck down.
Olon Mengrith, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider.
Nish Tak—thustuth, Woodworker has been struck down.
The Stray Dog (Tame) has been struck down.
Olon Mengrith, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Webbed.
Olon Mengrith, Fisherdwarf has been struck down.
‹teb K–bukkesh, Woodcutter has been struck down.
Urist K…lrethunib, Jeweler has been struck down.
Rovod Bƒsenfikod, Fish Cleaner has become enraged!
Rovod Bƒsenfikod, Fish Cleaner has been struck down.
M–thkat Eshtƒnlelum, Miner has been struck down.
Tekkud Idenƒtast, Stoneworker has become enraged!

Download

Edit: uploaded a new version, should now work. previous version was debug build

Edit 2: updated link to version i posted on page 2, seems to work for more people

Edit 3: Got rivers displaying correctly! If anyone notices any other display issues or crashes, please report them here. Apparently the file host I was using deleted my some of my older versions so I am switching to DFFD.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:13:31 pm by mmeurk »

Nazush Ebsas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: got regional prospector working (39b)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 01:10:24 pm »

Nice landing Sulu!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 02:51:58 pm »

I can't run it, it says the application is not properly configured.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Duke of Nawn

• Bay Watcher
  • Nuke of Dawn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 02:58:25 pm »

I find myself in the same situation as Deon. My prospector addiction is shameful, but I can't properly get into a fortress site if I don't have a lava moat. It always feels like something's missing.
Something moat-like and filled with lava.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 03:04:09 pm »

I find myself in the same situation as Deon. My prospector addiction is shameful, but I can't properly get into a fortress site if I don't have a lava moat. It always feels like something's missing.
Something moat-like and filled with lava.

Increase the number of volcanoes in world gen.  Embark somewhere that has lava.  Worked for me, at least.

Duke of Nawn

• Bay Watcher
  • Nuke of Dawn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 03:13:11 pm »

Increase the number of volcanoes in world gen.  Embark somewhere that has lava.  Worked for me, at least.

Finding things without using third-party, maybecheating utilities? Using the new features instead of looking at them askance and hoping they don't bite me?

Ingenious!

mmeurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 03:30:50 pm »

Ok, it should work now. I had a mental lapse and posted the debug build. Tell me if it breaks.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 06:59:11 pm »

Link is broken.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 07:40:59 pm »

The link works for me, but the application doesn't:

"The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect."

Am I doing something wrong?

mmeurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 07:47:16 pm »

Is it working for anyone?

Duke of Nawn

• Bay Watcher
  • Nuke of Dawn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 07:50:19 pm »

It is for me, now. The second version you uploaded is great, except for rivers turning into squiggles which are the color of the surrounding terrain, which you mentioned. I can't speak to reports of broken links, though.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 08:32:35 pm »

Finding things without using third-party, maybecheating utilities? Using the new features instead of looking at them askance and hoping they don't bite me?

Ingenious!
Nice attitude. After all, wanting to run the new features through the grind and see how huge tweaks to the worldbuilding settings affects lava spawning, chasm and river generation, and HFS is totally without merit. You've got your fun, and to the pits with the folks who wanna play it "wrong", I suppose?
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Duke of Nawn

• Bay Watcher
  • Nuke of Dawn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 08:53:24 pm »

Nice attitude. After all, wanting to run the new features through the grind and see how huge tweaks to the worldbuilding settings affects lava spawning, chasm and river generation, and HFS is totally without merit. You've got your fun, and to the pits with the folks who wanna play it "wrong", I suppose?

Wait, wait. I can't tell whether you're saying that in a disapproving tone or not. Blast this internet and its soundless words.

I said what I did in quiet mocking of my own temerity regarding the new features. The first thing I did upon making that post was take the advice given and then find a perfect spot for a fortress in a haunted mountain range. It ended quickly due to hordes of zombie ratmen devouring my poor dwarves, but it was an amazing location.

Er, sorry if I gave offense due to misinterpretation. Or maybe you were saying something entirely different than what I thought you were saying in response to what I might have said.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 09:17:27 pm »

Ah, sorry, my bad too. i'm just tired of knee jerk "teh cheat! Looserz!" reaction that pervades even this generally pleasant forum.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Duke of Nawn

• Bay Watcher
  • Nuke of Dawn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 09:27:29 pm »

Ah, sorry, my bad too. i'm just tired of knee jerk "teh cheat! Looserz!" reaction that pervades even this generally pleasant forum.

I, too, have been mostly impressed by the people here, and am glad to have diffused that misunderstanding. I believe, however, that this thread was about Regional Prospector and mmeurk being awesome and making it compatible with the new version.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4