Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42

Author Topic: Worldgen cookbook  (Read 163762 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen cookbook
« Reply #345 on: September 03, 2009, 07:38:36 am »

There is no way I would EVER want to live in a world called "The Dimension of Cyclones"

Though I guess if I did it might as well be in the Circumstantial Gulf.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Re: World's smallest ocean ever
« Reply #346 on: September 04, 2009, 01:34:13 am »

Upd. F*ck, not the smallest.

In fact, there's ocean covers not only two blue squares, but every yellow sand square too!  :o
Finis sanctificat media.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 07, 2009, 04:28:29 pm »

Finis sanctificat media.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 07, 2009, 11:48:03 pm »

One-tile islands are tricky to make e'en with the world-painter. what's that in the background? It looks like a map.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 08, 2009, 02:28:14 am »

One-tile islands are tricky to make e'en with the world-painter. what's that in the background? It looks like a map.
That's the height map from Legends mode. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

vooood

• Bay Watcher
  • Prophet
    • View Profile
    • Amalis of Daloth (TBA)
« Reply #350 on: September 09, 2009, 02:48:18 am »

I have a map somewhere with a 5x5 or 5x6 island that is pure stone and no water (you have to pump some water to get mud and also purify it to be drinkable)..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Music was my first love, and it will be my last.
Music of the future, and music of the past.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 09, 2009, 03:24:23 am »

I have a map somewhere with a 5x5 or 5x6 island that is pure stone and no water (you have to pump some water to get mud and also purify it to be drinkable)..
Pure stone means non-embarkable area. I've got some islands alike but embarkanywhere doesn't work with d16. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

vooood

• Bay Watcher
  • Prophet
    • View Profile
    • Amalis of Daloth (TBA)
« Reply #352 on: September 09, 2009, 03:51:46 am »

Pure stone means non-embarkable area. I've got some islands alike but embarkanywhere doesn't work with d16. ;-)
You can always start in an older version and copy the save. And the embark limitations are not fun, why not allowing people to start anywhere? They will just have more fun (lose a lot more)!
Music was my first love, and it will be my last.
Music of the future, and music of the past.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 09, 2009, 12:18:25 pm »

You can always start in an older version and copy the save. And the embark limitations are not fun, why not allowing people to start anywhere? They will just have more fun (lose a lot more)!

How "older" the version have to be?  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 09, 2009, 03:30:25 pm »

sa'es are compatible all the way back to the first 3d version, I belie'e. Next 'ersion is the next save-breaker, one reason it's taking long is he's trying to cram in a lot of features that do that so it'll be a while before sa'es break again, so you can keep worlding.

(40d itself is fine with EmbarkAnywhere, and probably the best idea- nothing but graphics and input are altered in the 40dN versions)
As for why not allow embarking anywhere by default, get your wagon across a mountain range without benefit of road.

Also, embarking on ocean is impossible for three good reasons- glub glub job cancel.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2009, 11:58:37 pm »

Unfortunately embarkanywhere refuses to work with 40d0 and 40d9 on my computers. Don't know why.
Finis sanctificat media.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 12, 2009, 04:53:45 pm »

Unfortunately embarkanywhere refuses to work with 40d0 and 40d9 on my computers. Don't know why.

It works for me (XP 32-bit).  Works with 40d, 40d9, and 40d16.

Are you possibly running Vista or Windows 7?  I suspect that the utility can't handle the ASLR (address space layout randomization) that Vista added for security reasons.

You could try disabling it globally or hex editing DF.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2009, 12:56:24 am »

Ok could someone suggest a good recipe for this:

-  HFS
-  UG River
-  Magma pipe
-  Trees
-  Evil environment (the actual environment, not just the mountains as those don't seem to spawn evil creatures)
-  Flux (and preferably the iron ore to go with it).

I've been through Mosaic Med, Fiery Deathly, Goran, and SmEvil with no success.  Literally dozens of created worlds trying to find the spot I'm looking for and tons of tweaks to change up sites and nada.  This doesn't seem like it'd be a hard list to meet...
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2009, 01:57:03 am »

You're trying to get flux (a sedimentary rock) in a highly volcanic region (igneous rock).

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2009, 02:39:25 am »

Ok could someone suggest a good recipe for this:
-  HFS
-  UG River
-  Magma pipe
-  Trees
-  Evil environment (the actual environment, not just the mountains as those don't seem to spawn evil creatures)
-  Flux (and preferably the iron ore to go with it).

I've been through Mosaic Med, Fiery Deathly, Goran, and SmEvil with no success.  Literally dozens of created worlds trying to find the spot I'm looking for and tons of tweaks to change up sites and nada.  This doesn't seem like it'd be a hard list to meet...
You're trying to get flux in a volcanic region.
That's impossible in a clear vanilla DF, so if you don't mind to make some cheat, you'll need to edit the worldgen info.
Just set the volcanism string to [VOLCANISM:1:100:99000:99900]
And somewhere you'll get chalk square next to obsidian.
Finis sanctificat media.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42