Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42

Author Topic: Worldgen cookbook  (Read 163801 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen cookbook
« Reply #270 on: May 21, 2009, 07:43:51 pm »

I want a wrold with no oceans, how doth i obtain this?

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 22, 2009, 01:15:25 am »

By reading through the thread.

...ok, fine.

You should start off by grabbing one of the "zero rejects" parameter sets (they have a bunch of 0's in some of the lines.)

From there you wanna set minimum elevation to 100 (anything less is an ocean,) and if the one you grabbed doesn't set minimum edge oceans to 0 make sure to edit that too.

If it keeps rejecting every world then you missed something.

Personally I just set min elevation to around 70 to decrease the oceans significantly but if you just want smaller ones you could set the two elevation variances to 1600 (smaller mountain areas too.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:18:33 am by Shoku »
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 22, 2009, 06:31:52 pm »

"zero rejects" parameter sets
Im gonna have fun with this...

Sharpshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2009, 11:57:29 pm »

Ive read though most of these pages, but none of them seem to cover Megabeasts in any detail.

I want to make having a megabeast attack about as often as my legndary miner makes rocks, but I don't want to enhance or beef up megabeasts. I was hoping there is a way to increase starting population then have them breed like rabbits.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 23, 2009, 12:36:45 am »

breed like rabbits.

Megas don't breed.

As for keeping them alive:

larger caves
more caves
bigger megabeasts (give them size 10000, that should be sufficient)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2009, 02:47:52 am »

At size 10000 won't you be genning worlds inside the megabeast instead of megabeasts inside the world?

You could make an animal that had all the features of a megabeast other than being a megabeast, then settle in for the roaming herds of dragons to turn up...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2009, 03:36:08 pm »

At size 10000 won't you be genning worlds inside the megabeast instead of megabeasts inside the world?

You could make an animal that had all the features of a megabeast other than being a megabeast, then settle in for the roaming herds of dragons to turn up...
Or you can just remove the [megabeast]. (or whatever the tag is called exactly)

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2009, 05:03:20 pm »

*the part about making them bigger that doesn't count as buffing the, by the way, by making them regular size after world gen.

You can also make sure you have the maximum number of them around by setting percentage megabeastdeadbeforestoppage (or whateve) to 99 and the year to start checking to 1.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 23, 2009, 10:23:37 pm »

can anyone help me get a map with lots of evil places with volcanos or at least magma?
Worldpainter makes it easy to get entire map having magma. Evil, not so easy, see what others say.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2009, 11:16:27 am »

You can also make sure you have the maximum number of them around by setting percentage megabeastdeadbeforestoppage (or whateve) to 99 and the year to start checking to 1.

Other way around.  You want 1% dead megabeasts starting at year 1.

Of course, there are only ~10 megabeasts in a world, so you're waiting for 1 to die.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2009, 04:07:12 pm »

can anyone help me get a map with lots of evil places with volcanos or at least magma?
Worldpainter makes it easy to get entire map having magma. Evil, not so easy, see what others say.
I dont even understand how to use wroldpainter.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2009, 05:43:12 pm »

You aren't missing anything. Useless like 2 pages of rope reed, if not even more.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2009, 03:31:23 pm »

You aren't missing anything. Useless like 2 pages of rope reed, if not even more.
It's wierd, you need this expensive peripheral thing for you computer called a mouse n_n
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 04:43:03 am by Shoku »

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2009, 04:26:07 pm »

It's wierd, you need this expensive peripheral thing for you computer called a mouse n_n

A mouse? You mean the kind of vermin we hunt and hook to our computers with Adamantium Wires?
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2009, 05:13:06 pm »

I think that I'll need procedurally generated fauna/entities before I can enjoy random worldgen- which won't appear in the next release, maybe down the line soon after, though.  I figured out how to make a nice desert world with a few oases of civilization and all that, but without deserts full of giant sand mollusks and insect monstrosities and the like, it's just not much fun.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42