Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39b] two worldgen bugs  (Read 662 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
[39b] two worldgen bugs
« on: July 15, 2008, 11:25:47 am »

So I see the whole thing about world generation stopping when the year to start checking for megabeast deaths was hit, but I've encountered a new problem. My worlds all stop at year 50, no matter what numbers I put into it.

Also, even though I set my worlds to have the minimum number of volcanoes and peaks at 0, meaning I don't mind when they aren't there, my rejection log is still filled with messages that the world didn't have enough volcanoes or peaks.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: [39b] two worldgen bugs
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 01:23:35 pm »

So I see the whole thing about world generation stopping when the year to start checking for megabeast deaths was hit, but I've encountered a new problem. My worlds all stop at year 50, no matter what numbers I put into it.

Also, even though I set my worlds to have the minimum number of volcanoes and peaks at 0, meaning I don't mind when they aren't there, my rejection log is still filled with messages that the world didn't have enough volcanoes or peaks.
Did you also nullify the volcano/peak region lists?  I believe there's a minimum number of low/med/high volcano/mountain regions as well.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 01:32:50 pm »

Did you also nullify the volcano/peak region lists?  I believe there's a minimum number of low/med/high volcano/mountain regions as well.

Nullify the what? Okay, this may be a case of the tools being a bit overcomplicated.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 03:02:43 pm »

Nullify the what? Okay, this may be a case of the tools being a bit overcomplicated.
Look at the end of the list of options.  There should be something like "minimum number of medium volcanism tiles".  Try setting those to 0 (n key by default).