Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A display problem  (Read 595 times)

PsyOp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A display problem
« on: July 15, 2008, 09:59:14 am »

Hello.
I played DF last time in february or earlier, and it started perfectly. New version brings me screen like that:

Fullscreen mode is also broken.
How to fix it?
Thanks.

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A display problem
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 10:27:43 am »

Stupid question, but did you try restarting your computer?  I always used to get this problem with old versions of TOME and ANGBAND variants, and it was usually a font problem that would clear up when I restarted.
Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

PsyOp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:50:17 am »

Restart doesn't helps. And I found no fonts in df dir, so I suspect it uses standard win fonts. And in this case I think the solution is to supply needed font in its dir (I dont want to substitute mine).

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 11:52:05 am »

This also happened to Torak a long time ago, but I don't remember how he fixed it.  He'd probably know what to do.
Shoes...

PsyOp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 12:11:54 pm »

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 12:20:02 pm by PsyOp »

Sapidus3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daily Innovention
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 03:31:25 pm »

Hey.

I had the exact same problem.

I had not been playing for a while because I was waiting for the next release, then was horrified to find it unplayable. Then I was further horified to see that the older version did not work.

If you are like me rolling back drivers isn't a real option. I have spent alot of time trying to find the best drivers for the games that I play. Its further complicated that I have to jump through hoops to install newer Nvidia drivers on my laptop.

Anyway the point.

I read the post, and the one guy had the right way to fix the problem.

Use RivaTuner.

Under the main tab, half way down the window, click customize right under the title that says "driver." Click the openGL icon. It says openGL.

Click the Intelisample tab. The last checkbox is "override Intellisample texture compresion control." Make sure it is checked. (It was allready checked on mine). Then change the drop box next to the Texture compresion mode to "determined by application."

Then you just need to apply, and you dont even need to restart your computer. You do need to restart DF.

Note: I tried setting special settings in the NV controll tab for dwarf fort, but it did not seem to work. I have heard that the openGL featuers through the NV control tab often do not work so thats probably why.

http://dailyinnovention.blogspot.com/
A place for ideas with nowhere to go; ideas that would otherwise become stagnate.

PsyOp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 01:59:06 am »

Yep, rivatuner trick works fine.

>Note: I tried setting special settings in the NV controll tab for dwarf fort, but it did not seem to work.
It didnt work for me too.

I think it should be added to some technical troubleshooting faq (I've noticed none on this forum)? This knowlendge is too valuable be buried in other threads.