Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39a] Shift+N doesn't randomize world name after remaking  (Read 589 times)

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[39a] Shift+N doesn't randomize world name after remaking
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:00:43 pm »

I sometimes search for the perfect random world name by having it generate and checking the name, then canceling generation right away and rerandomizing the seed. However, shift+N doesn't randomize the name seed, and I have to manually go back to advanced world creation options each time and manually flip the Use Name Seed from "Yes" to "Random".

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [39a] Shift+N doesn't randomize world name after remaking
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 04:53:45 am »

That's for custom name vs. random name (ie use the seed) and having it just change the name seed would change the seed you put in above to "various", which would also be confusing.  It should probably just let you see the name it plans to choose before generating in the first place, though there were some hassles with that, I think.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:10:35 am »

Alright, I see what you're saying. When can we expect the world name wordlist to be updated? Would a list of words help you out, or would you rather come up with it yourself? The current wordlist for world names causes many repeats and makes for (in my opinion) boring names for the worlds we play in. Thanks! :)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 07:01:07 am »

I'm not sure, but for the time being, if you add more of the existing words to the MYTHIC symbol (or whoever it is, some word very much like that) in language_SYM, you can have additional adjectives and so on in the names.  There's another symbol that handles the whole planet/plane/dimension thing as well.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!