Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Age Names  (Read 6393 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Age Names
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 09:27:09 am »

I get the same Myths and Legends. But!...

I get a LOT of Myths and Legends!!! Yes, that was six ages of myth and six ages of legends. Megabeast civs ftw!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 10:06:54 am »

It seems that cold climates severely hamper reproduction rates. Dwarves got 94 and 38, gobs are at 26 and elves are stuck at 24. Humans no longer appear in the wild but there are 59 of them at the dark fortress. The lone dragon performed 19 succesful raids before being struck down. The demon lives on for 10000 years racking up 279 kills, all of them murders. between years 431 and 10000 absolutely nothing happened.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Calenth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 12:00:51 pm »

I get the same Myths and Legends. But!...

I get a LOT of Myths and Legends!!! Yes, that was six ages of myth and six ages of legends. Megabeast civs ftw!

How on earth does that happen? You got the megabeasts to reproduce?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 12:26:27 pm »

I had one start in the Age of the Dragon ...
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 01:02:08 pm »

For people getting stuck on the Age of Heroes; I'm pretty sure the early ages are defined by the megabeasts remaining, and as by default it stops when 80% are killed, it's basically set up to start you off during the Age of Heroes.

If you want more interesting ages, as already mentioned, set the parameter for the % of megabeasts remaining to null.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 01:15:47 pm »

I had one that couldn't make up its mind whether it liked Twilight or Fairy Tales better. So it switched between them 12 times! (which was a bit of a headache going into legends screen more than once because it has to shuffle every event through every age once :( )
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 06:28:20 pm »

I'm genning a 33x33, and it's been at "The Age of Ngoso Flickeredskulls" for 1600 years now. Still going. I also had a multi-thousand-year-long "The Golden Age" on another 33x33. What does that one mean?

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Internet User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 06:35:15 pm »

What are the conditions for the Age of Twilight? I heard that you get it when most or all of the creatures in the world are dead.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 06:46:22 pm »

My Age of Twilight had nothing left but humans, dwarves and animals, I believe. It was boring.

That world actually opened with the Age of the Bronze Colossus and the Demon, which was cool but ended 3 years later when the only bronze colossus decided to go on a rampage and get itself shot by an elf. The demon lasted 100 years, but it too died... it hated almost everything, and would not stop going to wars.

Edit: Wow, hard on Megabeasts or what?? This world *started* in the age of twilight.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 06:55:59 pm »

I genned a medium world set to go for the full 1050 years, no matter what. There were only three ages, Myth, Legends, and Heroes, but the latter age alone had over a million events, and all in all there were some hundred thousand historical figures. Daaaaamn.

EDIT: Some of the wars were really kewl, just figured I might share em' with ya.

In the year 30, war was beginning. The Group of Clouts had founded Ivoryfield, a small human settlement of the Secretive Kingdoms, and began clearing swathes of forest in an effort to expand their fledgling town. An elvish ambassador from the Celebrated Moth saw their mistreatment of nature and deemed them unworthy of control of their lands. In that year, the elves sent forth a force forty in number, and were repelled by a mere twenty defenders. The next year, they sent another forty, and were again repulsed by that same twenty. Yet again they attacked, only able to field thirty-five warriors due to the continual losses. Yet a third time the twenty humans held their ground. The Group of Clouts offered to suspend hostilities, for the townspeople began to abandon their homes in favor of less elf-endangered lands, and their army had dwindled. But the elves, in their environmentally-founded bloodlust, refused. They attacked again, in full force, forty strong, against a paltry fifteen human defenders.
Bilalo Workpristine, leader of the elvish forces, faced down Bekor Visesounded, a lad of not more than fourteen years. And she fled the battle.
With that, the assault was doomed. Elves were slaughtered, and the Celebrated Moth agreed to cease hostilities. Bekor lived out the rest of his years in relative peace, with the exception of an encounter with a human baby snatcher he threw out of town some forty years after that fateful battle.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:25:22 pm by Reasonableman »
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 07:07:06 pm »

So is there a way to increase the starting number of megabeasts? That way a lot of them can die and still leave enough to last till year 300-1050, which I never seem to get.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 07:07:43 pm »

Oh. If we're going for records, I had a world gen go to 9,900. It had 124,751 un-culled historical figures, and the Age of Heroes alone had 1,701,212 events.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 08:59:56 pm »

...just play until winter of 2012 and let us know what happens...

What sparked this?  I've seen references (banner ads, even) for about a month now.  Did the History channel run a special or something?

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 09:03:13 pm »

What sparked this?  I've seen references (banner ads, even) for about a month now.  Did the History channel run a special or something?

It's been mentioned all sorts of places, especially since Nostradamus became all popular. History Channel has been running all sorts of stuff in that vein ever since.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 09:09:04 pm »

It's been mentioned all sorts of places, especially since Nostradamus became all popular. History Channel has been running all sorts of stuff in that vein ever since.

Never mind all the significant economic, political, and social schedules that have 4 year spans or 4 years left starting from now, 2008. 2012 is just coincidentally going to be a big year thanks to our preference for round numbers, even numbers, and various forms of symmetry.

...Mayan calender ends that year because unlike the western idea of using a calender until the inaccuracies become unbearable and making minor changes along the way, the Mayans just made one very accurate calender with an expiration date. 2012 is the end of Mayan 3rd calender and the beginning of the 4th.
"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4