Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [39a] Everyone is friendly (including a demon)  (Read 1921 times)

infinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[39a] Everyone is friendly (including a demon)
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:45:49 pm »

Not sure what's going on here, but I've got friendly gobbos, a demon, humans, prisoners, batmen, etc.

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39a] Everyone is friendly (including a demon)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 03:49:47 pm »

Me too. It seems to happen pretty often that dwarves aren't at war with anyone. I now stumbled a few times across random goblin towers who where inhabited by dwarves and goblins who lived together. I think they just seem to lack reasons to go to war with each other, because there don't seem to be any clear line between good and evil anymore.

EDIT: Allthough Humans and elves seem to be at it all the time
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:52:03 pm by Mover#005 »

Overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 03:59:13 pm »

I had a world gen in 39a actually have dwarfs and ELVES living together! BLASPHEMY!

Alaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:45 pm »

Hentai with beards, anyone?

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 04:04:45 pm »

Most of my dark fortresses are inhabited by friendly humans.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 04:09:05 pm »

Yep, everything is mixed up. I've got a dwarf - goblin alliance vs elves here, that's odd.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 04:09:40 pm »

Hi!

Actually, this sounds like a bug I like. I hope this also affects fortress mode.
Just think about it, having your own fortress just a little way away from a goblin tower and no sieges or snatchers - wonderful peace.

Deathworks

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 04:11:24 pm »

Browsing through the legends screen, it seems humans and elves are always at war because elves don't like it when humans mistreat plants and animals, and elves devour people they kill in battle which humans don't really like. Elves start the wars because humans are hunting and chopping trees, and many of the later battles the humans start over  'a dispute over the devouring of the bodies of sapient beings'

I'm not sure if elves devouring the people they kill is a bug or not, but it certainly seems like it is.

Interestingly enough, I can't find any battles involving the dwarves or the goblins, other then megabeast attacks of course. Maybe it's just the world I'm viewing.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 04:11:43 pm »

Hi!

Actually, this sounds like a bug I like. I hope this also affects fortress mode.
Just think about it, having your own fortress just a little way away from a goblin tower and no sieges or snatchers - wonderful peace.

Deathworks

But that's not what goblins and dwarves are supposed to do! They're supposed to kill everybody, not exist in peace!

infinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 04:12:54 pm »

This was/is in fortress mode.   

The demon flies around killing annoying animals and the occasional batman, but I can park a soldier right next to him and he's totally harmless. 
I wonder if I can taunt him or trap him somehow...

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 04:13:52 pm »

Elves devour the people they kill because they view NOT doing as unnatural. You know, the ~ways of nature~? It's not a bug. (Though I am pretty sure the humans are having the same reaction to it that you are, and that is why they war)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 04:15:58 pm »

Hi!

But that's not what goblins and dwarves are supposed to do! They're supposed to kill everybody, not exist in peace!

How about looking at it this way - the dwarves and goblins have finally realized their similarities and have now teamed up to kill everybody else together :) :) :) :)

Deathworks

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 04:25:29 pm »

Hi!

How about looking at it this way - the dwarves and goblins have finally realized their similarities and have now teamed up to kill everybody else together :) :) :) :)

Deathworks

Actually, in my world, the only goblin left alive controls a dark fortress filled with 71 humans. I just noticed you can see all the locations in the  region-world sites and pops text file. The goblin civ still controls the forts that the humans completely overturned.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 04:26:40 pm »

The problem is that they don't do that either.  I went into a goblin fortress full of human prisoners, but apparently they were fine with me.  I killed a goblin, and the human guards attacked me.

I think Goblins should always be hostile to everyone.  Maybe at a [TERRITORIAL] tag that makes entities attack trespassers.  Without caves or goblins, and with Dwarven Sleeping Sickness, this is looking to be a very boring release(Pray Toady hasn't caught the disease)
Shoes...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 04:32:13 pm »

The reason for war are perfect in my opinion, but you should be able to ignore any peace treaties and attack goblins/elves/humans if you tag them so in dwarf mode.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.
Pages: [1] 2