Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bad Ass Goblin  (Read 1629 times)

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
Bad Ass Goblin
« on: July 14, 2008, 12:08:54 pm »

Love the new version. Found a goblin that was born year 90, got married year 90. 12 years later her husband,father and mother died. So long she has killed 244 people and she is still alive. So anyone of you have found some cool people?
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Ass Goblin
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 12:14:00 pm »

In a normal-sized world, generated until year 10000. There was a female ettin called Maquema who was the only ettin in the world.
She started causing troubles in the year 2. In 9996, during the Elven Age which had lasted for something like 9800 years, she committed her 633rd rampage, stealing a wild strawberrry. Pretty impressive...and so weird the Elves didn't find any adventurer to kill her.

Also interesting is that she didn't kill ANYONE in these 10000 years.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:17:08 pm by Zonk »

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 12:22:40 pm »

How can you find all of this info?
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:26:36 pm »

I've generated a world, loaded up the legends screen, and I just cant stop.
A dragon subtitled the fires of warmth (sounds pleasant) lived for one and a half hundred years, killing sixteen but biting the nose off many more (not kidding, always the nose), till she was struck down by a dwarf.
I looked up the dwarf and he was a hunter who got lucky, the dragon being his first kill (having lost an ear to a goblin, only to be shot down by "the wraith of urns" next time he left his fortress.
Who's a human, abducted and then accepted by the people of Monstervomit, guarding them and killing scores of dwarfs.

Doppel; generate a world, hit "start playing" and go to the legends mode. Then just pick the people with subtitles as all worlds now have "reveal all legends" on by default.

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 12:28:58 pm »

How can you find all of this info?

Legends mode. I found a human mace lord who is petrified of harpies.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 12:30:26 pm »

Oh man, this is a whole new layer of tightly packaged fun for me, thanks.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 12:41:51 pm »

I had an undead hydra in my first world (probably the one I'll run with barring some giant fix) that only lasted 147 years, but had a hell of a time doing it.  By the time she was done she had an enemies list two pages long.  I checked the age record; apparently she was confront by a human defender on one of her many hovel razing adventures who managed to bash off her front left foot.  The very next line was her biting off HIS left foot!  HA!  Tit for tat! 
Her cave eventually wound up having three other beasts settling in it, and in the ensuing struggle for power she was killed.  By what, I can't remember.
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 02:23:15 pm »

Some elfs wipped out an enitre human civ becuse they didn't cared for plants enough.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 07:29:33 pm »

I found an elf that was raised by goblins who shot and ate 47 other elfs and one goblin.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 07:50:45 pm »

I've found a goblin called "The Accidental Brigand".
Sure, he got it from murdering other goblins, I just like to think that, whenever he felled a fellow gobbo, it's the result of some improbable and long-winded series of events.
Like he's sure his sword's edge is dull, so he's taking it to the blacksmith and whoops! He trips over a loose obsidian tile and falls blade first, skewering the unlucky crafter.

Furious Fish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 10:18:50 pm »

I had an elf who killed and devoured A DEMON.
Slave to Hogfroth - God of Muck

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 11:18:23 pm »

I can't stop looking at Legends. Jesus Christ.

I'm currently following this EPIC war between the Elves and Humans. It lasted for over 400 years, and basically consisted of war after war, generals and leaders constantly dying, making peace, then back to war. Soon, though, the Humans began to take, then destroy, the elves' homes and such.

The Elves lost their capital, Murdergrowth. They launched a counter attack, hoping to reclaim, and won it back. Then two other human groups began constantly attacking Murdergrowth.

They lost it yet again, and this time reclaimed another site, struggling to survive. They won, only to lose it again in the same year. The group, I assume, disbanded.

Astan Closebrunch was the leader of humans for a long time, and he was a fucking BADASS. He'd regulary rip people to shreds, and never was once injured. In one battle, in 250 (again the elves, mind), he smashed a poor girl's left hand, left eye, and left lower leg, before finally killing her. He once tore off an elves' nose.

His most epic moment was challenging an Elven General on the Hills of Knights, where he proceded to cut him down...at the age of 90.

In fact, no one actually killed him. He just died of old age at 110. He killed 51 people, every last one an elf. What a fucking hero.

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 12:34:29 am »

I can't stop looking at Legends. Jesus Christ.

I'm currently following this EPIC war between the Elves and Humans. It lasted for over 400 years, and basically consisted of war after war, generals and leaders constantly dying, making peace, then back to war. Soon, though, the Humans began to take, then destroy, the elves' homes and such.

The Elves lost their capital, Murdergrowth. They launched a counter attack, hoping to reclaim, and won it back. Then two other human groups began constantly attacking Murdergrowth.

They lost it yet again, and this time reclaimed another site, struggling to survive. They won, only to lose it again in the same year. The group, I assume, disbanded.

Astan Closebrunch was the leader of humans for a long time, and he was a fucking BADASS. He'd regulary rip people to shreds, and never was once injured. In one battle, in 250 (again the elves, mind), he smashed a poor girl's left hand, left eye, and left lower leg, before finally killing her. He once tore off an elves' nose.

His most epic moment was challenging an Elven General on the Hills of Knights, where he proceded to cut him down...at the age of 90.

In fact, no one actually killed him. He just died of old age at 110. He killed 51 people, every last one an elf. What a fucking hero.

That's fucking epic.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 01:01:08 am »

Quote from: Furious Fish
I had an elf who killed and devoured A DEMON.

That happens all the time in my worlds' legends.

Also. SirPenguin's Astan was quite the man.

astans a pretty cool guy, eh kills elves and doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist saying that.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Lord Licorice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 01:21:57 am »

Bad-Ass Goblin

Bad Ass-Goblin

The importance of hyphens!
Derp.
Pages: [1] 2