Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bring them home!  (Read 955 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
Bring them home!
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:12:36 am »

I have just rescued four dwarven childs who were enslaved by the goblins. I've brought them to the city where they come from, but they keep asking me to go onward when I talk to them.
Now, do I need to find their parents or do I need to go somewhere specific in the dwarven capital city if I want to save them ( read, get rid of them ).
If this isn't really implented yet, I could always use them as wolf fodder.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:16:00 am by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring them home!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:25:03 am »

Hmm, i didn't know you could actually do that. Did the children have to get abducted from fortress mode? Or am i just missing out on something?
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 11:26:46 am »

Yes, they were abducted during world gen. You might be missing out on the new version. *Points to the news*

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:45:35 pm »

This was a little exciting adventure - I found a little elf kid and took him away from the goblins (later I check and her history even stated she escaped there).

I haven't found a way to release them, though.  Taking them to their hometown doesn't release them (tried all the talking options).

Since I've seen legends that say 'reunited with' mom & dad, perhaps you have to find a parent?  I tried talking to the druid, but no go.

I couldn't find the parents, so I went back to rescue the dwarf I saw there...ony there was now a dwarf thief and hammerdwarf there as well - the hammerdwarf smashed me in twain.

celestial_okami

• Bay Watcher
  • Strong and brave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 01:05:50 am »

Yeah I rescued three human kids and took one to his home and talked to his father but neither will recognize it yet.  After one too many wolf ambushes they all disapeared left but only one died during the combats and it wasn't the one I had found the father of.  My guess is that its not fully implemented yet.
DEEP CROW!  OH NOOOOO!  DEEP CROOOOOOW!

MoonCabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • Robot Rock, Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 03:45:23 am »

i've had similar problems and from what i'm guessing is that it is indeed part of the incomplete game. I.E. they kidnapped children are suppose to be free once you complete the mission by talking to the mayor/druid/whatever. and not when you find the parent (which could take a large amount of dedication and time)

probably should mention this in the future of fortress thread or the bug forum, not quite sure if this counts as a bug or not, definitely should be put in a place toady will notice it tho.

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 04:41:28 am »

In the mean time, free meat shields  :P
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?

Nazush Ebsas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 08:10:30 am »

Bah! They were part of the DIA, you exfiltrated them early!