Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Okay, It's tommorow, give me my new version.  (Read 6424 times)

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, It's tommorow, give me my new version.
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2008, 11:10:53 am »

I'm downloading it now. Hopefully, the elves all get killed during worldgen. I'm going to check out legends and adventure mode before making a new fort, because of that forever sleeping dwarf glitch.

EDIT: Seeing that road with a pond in it picture im thinking: Caravan cancels go: Dangerous terain., and then, Caraven has drowned x1000.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:13:23 am by DwarfMan69 »

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2008, 11:22:35 am »

Man, I probably should have checked the forums before doing this, but I put an EZ-Pack download on the DFFD.  Two, actually.  One uses the Guybrush tileset, and one uses the Guybrush ASCII tileset (for ASCII purists).

Here's the standard Guybrush
Here's the ASCII Guybrush

Should I be putting these links somewhere more prominent?

bprichard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2008, 11:24:07 am »

I've been lurking since 2D, but I thought I may as well come out of the woodwork to share my favorite history line from the new version:

In 63, The Society of Curls of the Confederacy of Sects replaced a hovel in Complexfree with an apartment complex.

Nice work guys *golf clap*

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2008, 11:34:35 am »

Okay, I just createrd a new world with default settings, and DAMN, there is a lot more elves now! They infest at least half of the forest squares. I think i'm going to start attacking them with adventurers, and if it's possible at this point, dwarves.

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2008, 11:42:55 am »

I went into a temple and found an elf prisoner!
I talked to him and asked him to join my team. He said "Take me away from here".

He started following me and nobody cared.
Meanwhile a bunch of humans started killing some elves (including a fishery worker. I though elves were vegetarian?). Turns out the forest retreat I entered was in the middle of a battle or something.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:46:24 am by Metal Chao »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2008, 11:50:18 am »

Lol, they're not vegetarians.

They eat their fallen foes :O

They're pretty brutal in battle.  They attacked a human town(20 warriors) with ONE-THOUSAND AND TWENTY-ONE ELVES.  Four-hundred of them died.  They're like Zergs or something.  After the elves killed all the defenders, they buried/ate/burned/fed the survivors to beasts.
Shoes...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2008, 11:55:38 am »

Quote from: Cthulhu
They're pretty brutal in battle.  They attacked a human town(20 warriors) with ONE-THOUSAND AND TWENTY-ONE ELVES.  Four-hundred of them died.  They're like Zergs or something.  After the elves killed all the defenders, they buried/ate/burned/fed the survivors to beasts.

XD Great summary of the elves right there.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2008, 12:45:11 pm »

Lol, they're not vegetarians.

They eat their fallen foes :O

Once the dwarves sleep forever bug is fixed, I plan to avenge those that have fallen before the elvish horde. Also, elves are aggressive in my game too. Although I stopped the worldgen at year 200, the elves mass attacked alot in the previous years. A certain demon was atacked 2 times by elves, and she alone killed 109 of them in battle, her minions hopefully felling more.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2008, 01:16:45 pm »

Sadly, despite the many improvements, the ability to turn off hauling labors in DF mode has been removed, making the new versions potentially unplayable (for anyone whom wants dwarves to do anything, at any rate) Ugh.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2008, 01:42:36 pm »

I'd just add [NO_SLEEP] and just 'r'emove job from the dwarf when it's trying to haul something you dont want it to haul.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]