Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pressure plate linking?  (Read 497 times)

elipsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pressure plate linking?
« on: July 13, 2008, 06:39:57 pm »

I've had a mechanic trying to link a pressure plate to a bridge for a reaally long time. it's going to have been almost a year soon. does this happen normally? any advice? he just keeps working till he gets tired or hungry and stops.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Re: Pressure plate linking?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:47:53 pm »

Most mechanics of lower skill levels take awhile to set things up, just hope he eventually gets it done I guess.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

elipsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 11:23:19 am »

does he have to complete the project 'all in one go' or can he put in hours of work that are some how saved with each try?

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 11:12:06 pm »

I've been playing a "two dwarves only" challenge, so my mechanic has been lower-skilled than normal. He has been linking up things slower than normal, sometimes all in one go and sometimes after a drinks break. I haven't been timing him, but it seems to me that he spent the same amount of time on the job whether he took a break or not (excluding the time for the break of course).

So my best guess is that the hours of work are saved. Maybe get him to make a few mechanisms to get his skill up a bit before he links things again.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday