Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What happens when....  (Read 999 times)

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What happens when....
« on: July 13, 2008, 02:14:01 pm »

What happens when you trade hundreds of amulets away and before the traders have left the map your new duchess consort declares the export of amulets is prohibited.

You cry as half of your dwarf population gets thrown in jail, beaten, hammered, or all three.

Seriously, this sucks.

I know why it happened but I don't think it should have happened.  I had done the trading before the prohibition was announced. 
So I think either the prohibition should have been announced after the traders had left the map or the check should be performed when the act of trading occurs.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
Re: What happens when....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 02:39:31 pm »

Right you are.  Unfortunately, nobles are not concerned with such petty matters as logic, reason, and justice.  As far as they're concerned, your failure to halt the caravan at the border and reclaim the precious amulets is unacceptable.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 03:13:51 pm »

Worse when your economy sells mugs instead so there's 10,000 transgressions when you're trying to get the king by offering crap in bulk. :'(

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 03:30:02 pm »

"The beatings will continue until moral improves" - Hammerer, Led Nishlorsith of Bemongkulet Sedilgatalishucat Sedil.

This one poor schmuck is due for 20 hammer strikes and over 50 days in jail.  I don't think he will be very happy when it is all said and done(assuming he survives), which is too bad because he is my best leather worker and tanner.

Ryven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 03:44:01 pm »

Draft the guy who's in for 20 strikes and have him put on some plate armor. Forbid your Hammerer's weapon. Kill your Hammerer. Kill your nobles. There, all better. XD

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 05:21:02 pm »

Kill everyone! Let the reclamation crew sort it out.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 05:50:17 pm »

lay waste to your nobles! or just that noble because nobody liked her anyway. look up death chamber on the wiki.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 11:16:28 pm »

Just out of curiosity, if the "injured party" on the justice screen accidentally pulls the wrong lever before justice is carried out on some poor worker, will the punishment be cancelled?

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 11:45:26 pm »

I wouldn't think so.  After all, the crime could be murder, in which case the injured party wouldn't be making any complaints anyway.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 09:17:05 am »

And this is why players have a tendancy to re-enact the Red and French Revoloutions when 'ere nobility shows up at the border.

Seriously, these nobles are fucked. Any individual dwarf peon - and to me, they are all peons - who thinks they can get away with posing more of a threat to my domain than goblin sieges, Megabeasts, Dragons, and resident monsters, has quite another thing coming to them!

From the lowest "House Schmuck Representative" to the King, only one dwarf will be spared, and that will be the Dungeon Master.

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 02:46:59 pm »

You don't screw with the guy with 5 pet dragons, 3 personal colossi, and a hydra, that's for sure.