Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chaos Reigns <DISCUSSION  (Read 2192 times)

Feebleaxe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Reigns 0.9.3 for 38c Release!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 04:34:59 pm »

Hey, this happens to be my favourite mod of past versions and I was wondering whether you're keeping vampires as a race? They seemed cool and fairly powerful the last time I went up against them so I was wondering how they fare in war.
Apart from that the only concern I have is how the races interact with each other, mainly that I hope the whole evil races being too passive gets fixed. More wars the better I say.

GoreTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually a brain in a jar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 10:49:21 pm »

This mod keeps crashing when I'm generating worlds.  :'(
"Who's John Galt?"

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 02:59:45 am »

This mod keeps crashing when I'm generating worlds.  :'(

Thats currently being sorted out, by a tedious process of elimination.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 10:31:03 am »

so does it works agien?
i liked really much this mod's description i would be happy to try it out ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
  • Unus volatilis angelus, aeria gloriis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 04:06:41 pm »

The new version should be out within the next few days

Im sorry i have been neglecting to check the forum... i decided to take a break from modding for a bit, but i can say that i have chaos reigns fully working!

However, i have had to cut some content to get the thing to work properly, but only tigermen lizardmen and undead have disappeared. Im currently adding some new creatures, and adding new things to the mod, such as much more powerful megabeasts to give additional challenge. Vampires are still in! And are led by one of Armoks chosen, possibly even a older more powerful nosferatu indeed!

I also plan to make a graphics add on for the dystopian graphics pack, so you can see all these creatures in their glory, or at least the main races.

Any suggestions on anything to add would be great!

Currently, im adding new creatures, fixing some glaring bugs, in cr and normal df, and im going to try and get more of the default races workabale in fortress mode, with their own flavour. Ill also be proving several folders so you can use dark elves with bows properly etc in fortress mode. I think ill release what i have tommorow for people to play at least.

This build seems to have everything working correctly - in two gens ive had a vampire civil war, and the dark elves completely eliminate the high elves within 200 years. An of course, chosen warriors steamrolling all opposition.

Its just that its a bitch to document all the changes between the normal df and chaos reigns, as they're are quite a few. Im thinking of fixing plump helmets for added difficulty just as ive made all megabeasts trap avoid, but we'll have to see how it all works out.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 04:10:10 pm by Deathbane »
Creator of the Chaos Reigns and Age of Heroes modifications.

Developer of the Adventurer Roleplaying game system, assistance required!

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46859.0
Pages: 1 [2]