Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game.  (Read 30569 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game.
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2008, 09:39:04 am »

oh well, all the better really. Makes it more interesting when the gm doesn't know exactly whats going to happen at the beginning :D not to mention a hell ova lot more fun for the players.

Tokay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2008, 11:46:39 am »

Delurk. ;D

The Tokays are landliving bipedal lizards that mostly live in coasts and beaches but also in forests, they like a warm climate. They are coldblooded and lay eggs, one at a time.
A Tokay lives about 30 years and is 1 meter tall and weighs 30 kilograms when fully grown.
Tokays have stubby arms and legs and the head is large, about 50% of the body is the head. They have large eyes and great eyesight. They have three claws on their hands, one of the claws works as a thumb. They are green with beige belly skin and beige spots on the top of their heads.
The Tokay is an omnivore that mostly eats seeds, nuts, fish and less often, meat.

Tokays like collecting stuff:fine stones, sea shells and other things they find fancy, storing it in the round ditches that they use as homes.
They also regularely steal items from eachother, they do not care about their items getting stolen or stealing others items, they view it as a game.

Tokays live in large groups that live in one place and make "towns". The towns are simply a place with many Tokay ditches. They live one and one in the ditches.

_____
An not so masterfully done paint picture of a Tokay  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
_____

Evolutions:

Tools:3 (3ep) Tokays know how to use basic tools, for example:stones for cracking nuts and shells.

Firemaking:2 (2ep) A few Tokays have learned the art of firemaking. They are viewed as leaders, as the fire is useful for warmth and scaring away predators.

Cooking:4 (4ep) Tokays know how to mix their food and how to preserve it in their ditches.

Language:11 (12ep) Tokays do not stay alive for long if alone, being in a group and communication is important for them to stay alive. They communicate through growling and whistling.

Swimming:4 (4ep) From living near water and hunting for fish Tokays have learned how to swim.

Claws:5 (5ep) The claws of a Tokay are more made for gripping items then for fighting.

Great Eyesight:15 (20ep) Tokays have great eyesight so that they can spot predators and warn the others.

_____
Weaknesses:
Low in the food chain
Weak

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 12:54:56 pm »

Registration for species is CLOSED. We are full. Other people may sign up as dieties.

Disadvantages are RP-ish and will net you EP at some point. This is to encourage creatures that are actually lifelike. After all, overcoming adversity will make you evolve faster.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2008, 01:46:58 pm »

Deity, that sounds interesting...could you post a example, please?

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 02:43:12 pm »

*metric measurements*

Man, it gets annoying when you live in the only country in the world that doesn't use the new measuring system.  I really have to learn to use that instead soon.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 02:56:46 pm »

Aqizzar's Kadesh

Sean's Mii'Ari

Duke 2.0's Shrike

Nilocy's Jhiar'd

Dwarmin's Morrosur

Tokay's Tokay (RECURSION AAAAAAAAAA)

NonAnonymous's Nahuantl

Registration for species is CLOSED.
so I take it, you didn't like the plants, then?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2008, 03:49:27 pm »

I'll have a go at a deity...

Name: Nevon
Spheres: Chaos, change and life, sometimes fire.
Form: Typically is pictured as a human-sized black butterfly when referred to chaos and change. When it changes in to his life/fire form, it ( the butterfly is genderless ) becomes a human woman with scales, a tail, a dragon head and claws.
Rituals: Nevon requires blood sacrifices of the spoils of hunting and some sort of a ritual where young believers need to pass a test of maturity.
In exchange, believers of Nevon are promised many descendants and an overall change of life in bad times.
Background: In the beginning, the universe was split in two perfect halves. One of them was filled with water, the other with fire.
Constantly, water and fire would evaporate and douse eachother in a constant battle.
After eras, the energy freed by this caused a large rift to form between the two halfs. The water and fire around the edge of this rift became solid, and formed two eggs. On the fire side, the egg of Nevon formed. On the side of water, the egg of Venon, his twin brother/sister, formed.
After they hatched, Nevon and Venon crafted the earth by making fire and water solid and then forming it like clay.
Then, Nevon created life.
Venon, who was jealous of his brother's/sister's feat, decided to flood the other's work. A battle between the two began.
After years of tiresome fighting, they decided to split up what was made to prevent any further conflict. Venon would own everything above what Nevon had made, and Nevon would own everything below.
And so, earth was placed between the two gods. Any now and then, both gods would unleash some of their power to keep the earth alive ( rain from Venon's side, and lava from Nevon's side ).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:52:42 pm by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2008, 04:08:13 pm »

Hmm, well since EP will come from the weaknesses, do you mind updating my race then? I'ev added some obvious weaknesses.

LSTAR

• Bay Watcher
  • Has Sprung From Ambush!
    • View Profile
    • Second Hand News
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2008, 05:01:55 pm »

Name: Aquil
Spheres: Fate, Learning, Reality
Form: Aquil usually takes the form of a young human with a torn page of parchment scroll, although he has been known to manifest as the the parchment alone.
Rituals: Aquil accepts all prayers in writing. Once a year, he demands his followers refill the Ink-Wells of his temples with a measure of their blood.
Background: The future is predetermined. What is, was, and what is yet to come, will be. There is no alternative.

In the oldest days there was a book, and in this book the course of the worlds was laid out and charted in infinite detail. Their paths through the heavens, their fates and fates of those that called them home.

Once there was a man who was unsatisfied with his lot in life. His family were farmers and had been so for generations. The man grew weary of his arduous labour in the fields of his village and left home, vowing to find something else. His prospects were slim, for there was no learning in his world.

He journeyed for months before coming to the mountain at the centre of his world. He climbed for untold days and eventually reached the top. Resting from his labour, the man looked out at the world laid before his eyes. As majestic as the sight was, his gaze was stolen by something else. Something he had never seen before. A large, square shape of tanned leather, floating in the air, just out of arm's reach.
We today would recognize this as a book, but in the man's time and world, the science of writing was yet to be discovered.

Understanding, somehow, that this thing was the object of his search and travels, the man reached out, standing on tip-toes. As his fingers made contact with leather, he overbalanced, and in fear of tumbling to his death reached out, seeking a purchase.
With a tearing noise, a single page came free from that book and the man plummeted from the mountain.

Broken on the rocks bellow, as the breath left his body, his blood spread across the page, stolen from the heavens at such cost. In spidery trails, by sheer chance or divine intent, the trails of red spelt these words:

"I have touched the Heavens. I am now of gods"

In the Heavens the Gods wrung their hands in frustration, for Another had joined their ranks.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:10:09 pm by LSTAR »
"Slaves to Ciko Suppermuffin: Goddess of Food."

The man, the blog, the manblog.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2008, 08:28:14 pm »

Hmmm.... I suppose I should alter my race a bit in regards to the new changes in tone.  They should be more primative and have some defined weaknesses.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fualkner, could you update my lizards accordingly?  And I hope we get to keep a1s plant guys, they look fascinating.

EDIT: In light of Fualkner's point about interruptions, I'll edit this in here-

More fatfaced and smiley that I wanted, but Spore can't do anything else.  That mess on it's chest is a bundle of tentacles, which Spore also can't do.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:03:03 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2008, 08:32:50 pm »

Hey my race isnt updated on the map, do you need me to choose a new area  ???
Use the letter "O" to represent since M is already taken i guess.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2008, 09:30:50 pm »

Please E-mail deity submissions to me, I'd rather not deal with constant interruptions once the game gets going. Dwarmin and a1s, so sorry for both of the mistakes, I am fixing both. I am rather forgetful at times, should have counted up the creatures, and I love the concept of A1s's plants, so I don't know why I forgot them.

Anyway, Deities: You must choose one major specilization (Can not be too broad, Life and Chaos are both to broad, as are whole elements.) And two minor ones. Form and Background are good. Please revise your submissions and email them to my address located in my profile.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:35:42 pm by Fualkner »

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2008, 10:27:49 pm »

I've made some changes to the Nahuantl, and used up that wasted 5 EP, now.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 12:19:58 am »

Alright, let's begin play! Deities won't have to worry about this first turn, as no one has any religion.

The small, varied landscape of a small unnamed island is indeed exciting. The inhabitance of the island are learning. They are growing in new ways, evolving. What does the future hold for these eight tribes, these brave groups of creatures entering into an unknown world? Well, only time will tell.

Global Climate: Temparate

Events: None yet. Start you off clean and simple.

Well, get to it! You have 3 days to complete your turn.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 12:21:50 am by Fualkner »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 02:21:22 am »

Can you describe at least the basic guidelines for a turn? Do we have to explicitly state how we gather food and what happens on the inside of the colony (RP aside), and what tasks are presumed to be carried out "by themselves"?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10