Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game.  (Read 30558 times)

Tokay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game.
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2008, 10:17:36 am »

Krrr-Rrr Phii was the firemaster of the southern town Huii Urr. He was also known for having more seashells an Tokay could ever imagine. His ditch had seashells covering the ground everywhere and in the middle there was a huge pile of seashells with the largest seashell Huii Urr could find on the top.
He was usually sitting in front of that pile, studying the seashells, only leaving them to light the fires in the evening or going to the beach to search for more.

One day whilst searching for seashells, he just couldnt find anymore of them. He searched the beach for 3 days but no seashells was to be found. He looked out over the sea and had an idea. He had realized that on the other side of the sea, there must be another beach with seashells. Maybe it would be possible to swim across?

He gathered the others at his ditch and told them about his plan to swim across the sea. At the thought of unfound land with unfound treasures many Tokays decided to follow him there. The idea of going to the land on the other side of the sea spread between the towns and eventually, a thousand Tokays had gathered at the beach to swim with Huii Urr.

In a town on the plains of the northern part fo the island a Tokay has started to build a roof over its ditch using sticks with from trees with many broad leafs to protect itself from the rain. The other Tokays in the town copy it and soon everyone in the town has built a small hut.
____

750 Tokays from J-6 and 250 Tokays from K-7 move to L-8 to make a colony.
For the hut building i put 2 ep into a new tech, construction.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2008, 11:59:12 am »

Ok then, EP into:

6EP into senses: The recent attacks and civil dissarrey has weeded out the blinder kin of bugs. Theres now a more complex set of light senses on the bugs. And they have better antenne sense.

1EP into tree cutting. The bugs are becoming more effecient at chopping trees down and the construction of tree cutters.

1EP into genetic aquisition. The recent failure, and horrific deaths of a colony, have weeded out the weaker head bugs, ensuring their genes will not be passed down.

3EP into Hieracy: The recent crashes with unknown species and civil disruptions have persueded the heads to organise mothers, warriors and workers more efficiently in the times of need.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2008, 12:21:01 pm »

The reasoning is that there's not much unity amongst the larger clusters of Nahuantl, and not much civilization either.  I need to spend more EP so I can get them into a mindset that involves expansion.

Ah... good RP! Expect EP in your future.

And Duke:

Southern Expansion d% = 15:
(I'm going to assume that enough went to survive the travel with 1000 left, so... 2000.)
The travel is harsh and the predators strong. But they eventually make it to the southern peninsula.

The Southern Peninsula d% = 29:
The water here is fraught with danger, but has enough food to get by. While establishing territory, 500 die.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2008, 02:13:35 pm »

Hey Fualk, forgetting somebody?

When did you add that Dividing Factor/Litter/Death Age bit?  And why's mine 100/6/12?  What effect does it have?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:19:06 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mutant mell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2008, 04:54:14 pm »

And do I get a post measuring any notable progress/events that occur because of me?

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2008, 10:01:32 pm »

Aquizz, you'll get your update in a couple hours. SWAMPED this week guys, I'm truly sorry. The factors are to let you have to parameters of the birth-death cycle you each set up differently, but to keep the factors relatively balanced.

Mell, the reaction is up to a1s. I can't do anything, the choice of what to do is with a1s.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2008, 02:43:14 am »

Aquizzar:

You succeed. I don't have the time to write flavor right now.

Tokay, you got a 1. They all drown.

New turn tomorrow morning. Sorry for the horrid post, but again, in a hurry.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2008, 05:23:43 am »

like I said in that city game- crazy time right now. sorry for not posting.

first things first:

curledRoot, the leader of a scout party had returned home, only to see that
his home has been destroyed by saltwater, the sickly survovors occupy hills, and there isn't a Sapling in sight. troubled by this he leads all who will follow (wich is half of the populace) to the newly discovered land. they also pick a few other adventurous settlers along the way (1000 from each hex). the settelers bring most of the newly made dried food with them.

inhabitants of T23 and S24 are unnerved by the rising river waters, some try to dig a canal for the water away from the main settlelments (without tools), while others move to higher ground within the same territories.

Bigleaf, a former scout, claims to have seen a bird that didn't *smell* right, and could dissapear at will. his friends agree the event was strange, and spend a day unsuccessefully looking the land over for more phantoms. All but Bigleaf (who is allways on the lookout for fake birds now) forget about it in a week.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2008, 01:26:16 pm »

a1s: Which hexes are you moving to? (I'll do the move immeadiatly, but next turn must start now, it's unfair to have the others wait)

TURN!

The pouring rain comes to a sudden climax, as gallons fall from the sky at a time. The world seems to be drowning itself, and all upon it. For the Kadesh, the Tokay, and especially the Shrike, this is a good thing. They cheer on the rain, hoping it will flood the world. The Morrosur believe the cyclone is the source of the rain, and this downpour is the end of the world. They, however, survive because of their effective dams. The Nahuantl climbing in their canopies are also safe from the downpour. The extra water helps the Plantwe to grow, but also causes some root rot in the older plants. Yes, all of the creatures on the isle weather the storm. Except for 1500 Mii'Ari pinned in a canyon. The extra water cause the canyon to flood and connect to the nearby lake. The flood destroyed everything and killed half the inhabitants.

The torrential rains stop, and the world dries out for the first time in years. During this time, however, fungus has been growing, and has gotten enough of a foothold to continue spreading...

Global Climate: Temperate, with mostly clear skies.
Global Event: Fungus is prevailant, many types both beneficial and dangerous.

M23: The fungus here grows amazingly quick, and there grows a fungal forest.
Various: Glowing spores given off by the forest spread over the land. They float very easily, and where they land, another patch of mushrooms grow. Every race sees at least one, more depending on proximity to the patch.

Populations will be done momentarily.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2008, 01:52:53 pm »

I didn't get any clarification on that (see my pre-previous post). basically it's whichever one that was successfully settled (R24 I think...).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2008, 03:37:39 pm »

Precious fungus! Manna from Heaven!  ;D
Surely the Morrosur are blessed lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2008, 03:56:10 pm »

Okay, want to tell something to everyone. For every point of food density, a hex can support 100,000 of a creature. If the creature is larger, it can support less, and viceversa. Also, farming, advanced foraging, great digestion, etc. will allow more creatures to live there.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2008, 08:01:51 pm »

This was found in a strange stone circle located in the plains....they're might of been more but there was too much radiation for us to stay long....

As surely as the great light rises and sets each day, so now must a time of peace and growth follow so much hardship. The great beast that dwells upon the rolling water-who we have simply named “The Eater”, is horrible in his wraith. The world would of surely been destroyed had he not been pacified with our gifts-it seems he prefers blood most of all, as he consumes all who approach. So the tradition has been laid down-a dozen Morrosur every 10 years, volunteers, those who bravely choose to slake the monsters thirst. And behold…the grief of the blue roof has ceased.

With the ending of the great floods, the world is changing again. Already we had noticed that fungus had grown in damp areas, so we were not surprised that now it grows everywhere. We have already discovered many new varieties; many are both delicious and nourishing.

*Illegible* news of all! A capital for our people, a *Illegible* meeting places where the tribal leaders may convene in times of trouble. It is being built upon the lands of the Bonelord tribe, as they have been the most active in the manners of diplomacy. The walls haven’t been laid yet, but meetings are already taking place nearby. The first decision was such: The forest in which we live is growing smaller-already several daring adventurers have mapped the borders and noted spots of interest, So many tribes in the barrens have agreed to resettle and *illegible*  we are doing much to help them, *illegible* more food, more pe *illegible*

The rest of the slab shows evidence of burning and tool marks and is impossible to decipher....

Non-RP
V8 is in need of immediate resettlement-8000 Morrosur are leaving there

4000 move to W9
4000 move to T10

Each group has a complement of 500 additional skilled warriors taken from various clans who will return to their homes after the colonies seem self-sufficient. We’re sending them extra food and weapons, and tools when it can be spared, and shelters are can be made on sight and the fungus that grows everywhere is great for staving off starvation.

The fungus of course to us seems like a miracle, and were generally testing it out by eating it all-though we are also studying it in other ways, seeing if it can be used in crafts making, and trying to cultivate it and testing out other useful properties. Out sense of smell helps us here to find and identify them.

Finally were attempting to construct an 1 story adobe temple at V10 as a sort of capital building and meeting place-it’s the first permanent building we’ve tried to build.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:45:24 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2008, 09:57:10 am »

I've been thinking Faulkna, tremor sense and digging should probaly be reduced by 1 EV point every turn to simulate the loss of those traits.

Tremor sense will be totally gone, but reduce digging until you decide that our tools make up for the loss. In return the loss of eyesight should'nt be hurt us as much, if you assigned any specific disadvantage, maybe we could gain points into enhanced smell based upon your judgement. Sound good?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2008, 12:59:13 pm »

Without really knowing how my frogs are doing, I'll just kinda stab at this one.  You will figure out my EP earnings for the last turn and add them right Fualkner?

I'm in a hurry myself this time and can't write up a big RP-ish post.  Be back in a few days.

The Kadesh are living it up on the fat of the land.  After a generation of flooding and now fungi falling from the sky, the amphibious scavengers are swamped with food, and happily sit around munching on whatever they find.  Some of it is dangerous of course, but they don't pick up much from the experience save a “eat this, don't eat that” bit of understanding.

All the same, the Kadesh who've traveled up the rivers into the mountain came back with tales of glowing lights floating through the air.  The lights are drifting into the river valley now, and the Herd leaders are eager to know what lays up beyond the mountains.  They're having a hard time persuading anybody to go though – mostly the Herd just sits around growing.

They know the fungi and lights are connected though.  Some Kadesh who came back from the mountains tell tales of eating certain spores and caps, and seeing sights like nothing before, and believe themselves capable of talking to plants and insects.  They're not paid much mind, but their wild gestures and seemingly limitless memory have inspired some greater sense in the Kadesh.  Though they have little to talk about, they suddenly have more to say.

(Behind the Scenes)  The shroom bit isn't flippant – the Kadesh are getting smarter with no impetus.  They're picking up real language sense and individuality beyond their simple herd-like existence.  The lights in the sky and wild tales also make them think of a world larger than whatever they're eating at the moment, and of life within things they can't see.

Points will be split half between language ability and a new skill – Spirituality.  As of yet, it's just a primitive shamanic belief in spirits that live in all things.  The Herd has moved a bit southwest too – enough that the population numbers of F-10 winds up in G-15.  Mostly they just eat and breed.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10