Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Room Value  (Read 664 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Room Value
« on: July 09, 2008, 02:02:00 pm »

Is the modifier for "This room is sharing space with ANOTHER room! Ewww!" constant, or does it increase based on how many rooms are mixed?

Is making a room 30 bedrooms and 4 dining rooms any less valuable than say, 2 dining rooms?
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Room Value
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 04:12:56 pm »

From what I've read others say, it is constant.  That is, if a particular tile belongs to two or more rooms, then that tile will contribute exactly one fourth of its value to each room it belongs to.  If it is worth, lets say, 20, and it belongs to 34 rooms, then each room will get a 5 point increase for including this tile, and the total value that this tile contributes to all rooms overall is 170, significantly greater than its original worth of 20.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:37:13 pm »

From what I've read others say, it is constant.  That is, if a particular tile belongs to two or more rooms, then that tile will contribute exactly one fourth of its value to each room it belongs to.  If it is worth, lets say, 20, and it belongs to 34 rooms, then each room will get a 5 point increase for including this tile, and the total value that this tile contributes to all rooms overall is 170, significantly greater than its original worth of 20.

Excellant. Then I shall simply make one, giant, master-engraved room with boatloads of masterpiece gem-encrusted statues and use it as dining room, mass bedroom, offices, etc.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 09:33:18 am »

Don't dwarfs complain about the lack of privacy when they have no walls for their bedroom. Or was it when they shared bedrooms with others... I suppose the legendary dining room bonus should negate the penalty, but still...