Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trade with me dammit!  (Read 1439 times)

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade with me dammit!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 07:13:59 am »

Not really. arrows are small and so a gem would decorate all of them and if the merchants are willing to pay money then more fool them. not an exploit when you think about it rationally

You don't even have to decorate them with precious gems, just some exceptional or above decorations of any low to mediocer value material on a low cost steel bolt stack will net you pretty insane amounts of tradevalue, nothing rational about it and thus i do avoid this because for me it breaks a part of the gameplay. About cooking i'm not really sure, it does use lots of resources and from my experience prepared food rot fast and are low priority to be stached away and are a hella cluttering in the kitchen, so i think its intended to work like that.
That being said, i make masterwork obsidian crafts faster then i make mediocer prepared foods. (masterwork obsidian crafts are just above a 1000 worth each) So thats for when i will buy out more caravans with more expensive goods the next year.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 07:52:19 am »

oh.. yea its probably an exploit but if your fortress is going down the drain then the more arrows the better! unless you are opposed to cheating, which i hope you all are.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 08:21:36 am »

Cooked meals are sneaky. You can trade them, but you have to type in "roast" so you can get to them at the trade depot screen and have them hauled in.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.
Pages: 1 [2]