Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I can only spend 29 job points in journey prep.  (Read 1438 times)

stowrag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
I can only spend 29 job points in journey prep.
« on: July 08, 2008, 06:31:43 pm »

29 seems to be the magic number.  There's no error message, the game just doesn't recognize any points after the 29th total point has been spent.  While I'm new, I've played/seen the game played before, and I know I should be able to spend 10 per dwarf.  I've tried deleting and redownloading the game, as well as going through the process of creating a new world already.  I haven't checked what happens if I jump right into the game yet.  Is this problem as weird or as complicated as it sounds?

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I can only spend 29 job points in journey prep.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 07:15:59 pm »

My guess is that you have too many items.  Most notably the anvil.  Press Tab to go to the item selection menu, and (-) all of the items.  Tab back over to do the dwarves, and then finally Tab over once again to select your items with whatever points you have remaining.

Valandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 07:18:37 pm »

Yeah this isnt a bug this is just inexperience

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:53:55 pm »

Oh, pish-posh Valandor, we where all newbs once.

Anyway, don't worry about it. You see, there is an intended limit to the number of points you can spend on each individual dwarf; they can't start out with any more than Proficient in any skill, as well.

I really suggest that you look thrugh the DF Wiki at http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Main_Page . Welcome to the Dwarf Fortress Forums - We can be scary, but we don't bite. Much.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 08:58:28 pm »

Anyway, don't worry about it. You see, there is an intended limit to the number of points you can spend on each individual dwarf; they can't start out with any more than Proficient in any skill, as well.

He already said he knew that part in the original post.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 10:41:04 pm »

He already said he knew that part in the original post.

Each dwarf can have a maximum of ten levels of skill total, and they can't have more than Proficient in any one skill- that's five consecutive levels of skill in one particular field. He mentioned one of these.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.