Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steel and glass paradise  (Read 1102 times)

RyanW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Steel and glass paradise
« on: July 07, 2008, 07:08:57 pm »

[WORLD_GEN]
   [TITLE:SMALL]
   [SEED:3955328000]
   [DIM:65:65]

Access to all civs.  Brook.  Spawn point is on a canyon floor.  West wall is dolomite.  Plenty of sand.  Magma flow on top of the west wall of the canyon, so you can get access whenever you want, but don't have to worry about imps until you're ready.  Hematite exposed on two z-levels.

Problem: Shortage (but far from a complete lack) of trees.  No underground features.
You went the wrong way Old King Urist

RyanW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steel and glass paradise
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:09:23 pm »

Forgot to mention: No mods present.
You went the wrong way Old King Urist

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:07:06 pm »

This is neat. Thanks!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 04:44:00 pm »

I'm a bit disappointed that the flux layer is marble and not limestone, but I've been searching and searching for a small 3x3 map* with sand, magma, iron, and flux near a brook for a long time, so this is much appreciated :)

*Not for speed concerns, I just prefer a smaller map; it helps to keep me more focused.
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 08:04:49 pm »

You, sir, win 150FPS Internets.  Because that's what I can get on 3x3 maps.  Admittedly, a chasm would have been nice, but this is still a great map.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Defiant Zombie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 11:44:00 pm »

This is perfect! I was looking for a perfect place to build a dam on. I was hoping to find something with a little deeper canyon, but this is good for a first test.

Question, does the canyon continue to run north/south if the embark area is expanded a little? I haven't had a chance to re-roll the map and try it.