Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Hoover(Urist? Armok?) Dam.  (Read 2126 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Hoover(Urist? Armok?) Dam.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 11:46:27 am »

You should have made the dam in another area, where the water is making a huge canyon about 6+ tiles down. I found that spot and I want to make some ridiculous dam with all sorts of goodies, but don't have the time to do so.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Alenth Eneil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 12:58:26 pm »

You should have made the dam in another area, where the water is making a huge canyon about 6+ tiles down. I found that spot and I want to make some ridiculous dam with all sorts of goodies, but don't have the time to do so.

Yeah, I was thinking someone would end up spending a week building a dam with floodways and power generation and a highway on top for added effect.

I think that it's pretty amazing you got that many pumps built that fast.  Expecially on that particular region.  There were no trees in the desert when I embarked on it.
Sometimes I just generate worlds and read all the funny names.
(|||)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 01:12:30 pm »

He built them from green glass.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 01:29:46 pm »

It would probably ignore the dam completely, but what if you abandoned and embarked downstream from the dam? Meaning the play area doesn't even include the dam at all. I assume you'd just get an infinite river like you would if the dam didn't exist.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

bergotronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 01:32:52 pm »

Imagine if you could somehow funnel the goblins sieges into the dried up part of the river... (put doors to the fort down there) then releasing the floodgates exposing them to the full fury of the river, also a good method for removing pesky nobles /refuse removal?

Alenth Eneil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 01:50:02 pm »

I can see how you could design an entryway designed to flood out like that.

It would be rather entertaining.
Sometimes I just generate worlds and read all the funny names.
(|||)

LordZabujca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 03:05:40 pm »

I think that it's pretty amazing you got that many pumps built that fast.  Expecially on that particular region.  There were no trees in the desert when I embarked on it.

Actually, there weren't many trees when I embarked, but there were some and that was enough for me to finish building the dam after my initial supply of wood ran out. I didn't need very many since my initial loadout included an entirely unreasonable amount of tower cap logs and ~50 olivine blocks (so I could start constructing the base for the pumps right away, and the pumps themselves soon after).

It would probably ignore the dam completely, but what if you abandoned and embarked downstream from the dam? Meaning the play area doesn't even include the dam at all. I assume you'd just get an infinite river like you would if the dam didn't exist.

Yes, that's exactly the case.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:10:07 pm by LordZabujca »
Pages: 1 [2]