Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trap ideas, not idea's (sorry skizelo ^^)  (Read 1387 times)

Angellus

Trap ideas, not idea's (sorry skizelo ^^)
« on: July 06, 2008, 02:23:15 pm »

Are trap idea's gathered somewhere?
With the search function I could not find much.

Another question: can I catch demons with cage traps? ^^
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 04:15:55 pm by Angellus »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Trap idea's
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 02:38:51 pm »

1) Not in any single topic, although there's a handful of topics with a handful of related ideas in them. Not sure where.

2) No, or any other trap, for that matter. The only two defenses against them are incredibly powerful militaries decked out in masterwork adamant arms and armor, or walling off the pits until later. If you don't mind a little cheating, you can remove the [trAP_IMMUNE] tag from the raws, which doesn't require you to generate a new world.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Angellus

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 02:40:47 pm »

1) Not in any single topic, although there's a handful of topics with a handful of related ideas in them. Not sure where.

2) No, or any other trap, for that matter. The only two defenses against them are incredibly powerful militaries decked out in masterwork adamant arms and armor, or walling off the pits until later. If you don't mind a little cheating, you can remove the [trAP_IMMUNE] tag from the raws, which doesn't require you to generate a new world.
thanks ^^
Would you know someone that can add pages to the wiki?
Maybe it would be an idea to start a page purely put to trap idea's?

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 02:43:49 pm »

Shouldn't spike traps work when attached to a lever?

Angellus

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 02:48:51 pm »

Shouldn't spike traps work when attached to a lever?
Technically that is not a trap, it is a operated mechanism (of death and destruction ;)...)

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 03:52:29 pm »

No ideas, but a grammatical correction; for the love of god, don't put a apostrophe in a word you want pluralized. Just don't. I know it's ugly to be correcting people's grammar on the internet, but it is just painful.
Pedant out.

Angellus

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 04:16:50 pm »

No ideas, but a grammatical correction; for the love of god, don't put a apostrophe in a word you want pluralized. Just don't. I know it's ugly to be correcting people's grammar on the internet, but it is just painful.
Pedant out.
thanks, I love it if people do that.
I'm a hater of misspelling too, though you probably would not see that in me ^^.

dyze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trap ideas, not idea's (sorry skizelo ^^)
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 12:35:57 pm »

@SKizelo, Angellus

damn you must have a hard time reading any forum.
isnt it easier to just accept the fact that probably 50% of forum users around the world doesnt have english as their native language?
and that probably 20% of those who do, are kids who all type in u r k plz thx language..

Rotinaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 12:55:06 pm »

Don't wall off the demon pits if you know what's best for you! The demons apparently still try to pathfind their way out over and over. This of course causes a significant drop in FPS.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 01:32:53 pm »

Also, all those breathing dwarves in your fortress are a massive drag on resources.

Anyway Dyze, yes I'd normally agree, but I think that the -s/-'s thing is different. Someone is taking the time to throw in punctuation to be correct, so they're not apathetic, just ill-informed. I just need to find a way to point it out without being a dick.
Also, it really bugs me. I wonder if there's a Greasemonkey  app which edits pages automatically.

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 02:35:38 pm »

You don't need a legendary army decked out in adamantium, just a dozen pr so adept marksmen with masterwork crossbows behind a wall of grunts decked out in iron platemail with shields. It could still go terribly wrong, sure, but six legendaries in adamantium can still die from exhaustion anyway(if you wait a few years for the lucky hits to pile up).

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 04:04:34 pm »

Don't wall off the demon pits if you know what's best for you! The demons apparently still try to pathfind their way out over and over. This of course causes a significant drop in FPS.
I'll confirm this.

I breached the pits, walled them off...

and suffered at about 10fps. I killed them with Tweak (And then started slaughtering puppies...), and the FPS went to about 50.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Angellus

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 01:44:31 am »

@SKizelo, Angellus

damn you must have a hard time reading any forum.
isnt it easier to just accept the fact that probably 50% of forum users around the world doesnt have english as their native language?
and that probably 20% of those who do, are kids who all type in u r k plz thx language..
I wont die if it happens, I just happen to have been a litterate roleplayer, which makes you a bit more... sensitive to that type of language ^^

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 02:40:37 am »

Also I think that those :without english: would better be corrected as soon as possbile, for their good.
Also these "'" were definitely intentional, and the topic title states this, so it was VERY RIGHT to correct the people who intentionally breaks the language.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Angellus

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 11:45:52 am »

Also I think that those :without english: would better be corrected as soon as possbile, for their good.
Also these "'" were definitely intentional, and the topic title states this, so it was VERY RIGHT to correct the people who intentionally breaks the language.
ok, PP you lost me...
Pages: [1] 2