Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does mechanism quality affect how fast it works?  (Read 2159 times)

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
Re: Does mechanism quality affect how fast it works?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 06:51:20 pm »

Today on Mythbusters...  ;D
"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 08:55:28 pm »

They then pour magma on a booze stockpile for some unconvincing reason.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 02:45:40 pm »

They then pour magma on a booze stockpile for some unconvincing reason.

You need a reason?

Anyway, nice tests
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Romantic Warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 09:09:36 pm »

The ultimate experiment, of course, would be 6 sets of differing quality levers connected to bridges with differing quality mechanisms, then triggering them one at a time and counting the frames from the lever being flipped to the bridge reacting

I might have to try that. Although I can't say that the water affected the experiment, the possibility exists. Using the same lever may also affect things.

I am never satisfied with an experiment can be considered conclusive until all possible factors have been zeroed out. Though I suspect that your results will probably hold up regardless.
Dwarf Fortress and the Abstract Truth.
Pages: 1 [2]