Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Computer!  (Read 2136 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Computer!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 11:40:20 am »

He should look into setting up a thermal powerplant to get back some of that electricity.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 03:57:59 pm »

My bad, he doesn't need a 2000 Watt PSU, he uses one of these.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 06:51:44 pm »

Has your computer ever just restarted for no apperent reason?
yeah, on my old computer. I opened it up and discovered that the CPU heatsink was a solid dust cake. Emphasis on solid. It even remained in one piece after I pulled it off but I suspect that was the cat hair.
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Mookie Love

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 04:50:03 am »

What's your hardware? My old A64 3200+ got me around 50fps, but it burned through. Now i'm on a old laptop, but this one gets me barely 30fps. I'm planing to buy a A64 LE, as DF only uses one core and its helluva cheap.
Assuming he bought OEM, its probably a Core 2 Duo. Dell and pretty much most of the OEMs that I've looked over recently haven't even bothered with any processors below Pentium Dual-Core. I don't remember the last time I've seen them selling Celeron processors with their system.

It says Celeron right on the front. I had a limited budget.
I didn't check out the specifics. It runs better than my old one, so I'm happy.

...and even though I hate when others bring it up just to correct someone, I'm a she. Just so you know. Hypocrite moment over.

Hanuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 05:05:33 am »

What's your hardware? My old A64 3200+ got me around 50fps, but it burned through. Now i'm on a old laptop, but this one gets me barely 30fps. I'm planing to buy a A64 LE, as DF only uses one core and its helluva cheap.
Assuming he bought OEM, its probably a Core 2 Duo. Dell and pretty much most of the OEMs that I've looked over recently haven't even bothered with any processors below Pentium Dual-Core. I don't remember the last time I've seen them selling Celeron processors with their system.

It says Celeron right on the front. I had a limited budget.
I didn't check out the specifics. It runs better than my old one, so I'm happy.

Hmm, Celeron eh? Would you mind posting some more specs in my thread? http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20320.0

Processing speed, internal memory, graphics card? It would be helpful for me. I am trying to figure out if my computer I am working on will be able to run it at a good pace.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:12:15 am by Hanuman »

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 10:23:47 am »

Well, how bout you post your specs? I oughta be able to give you a respectable estimate.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Mookie Love

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 12:35:43 pm »

Well, how bout you post your specs? I oughta be able to give you a respectable estimate.

Posted them at the other guy's thread.

Hanuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 01:25:58 pm »

Check my thread. My specs are there.
Pages: 1 [2]