Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Nihilistic Existentialism  (Read 9637 times)

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SomethingAwful
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 06:35:21 am »

Finding stuff they dislike on the internet is kind of S.A.'s whole deal. It's hardly important.
I do like that Gorfob is offering to ban "every faggot" on this board. It's kind of adorable.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 09:35:48 am »

for instance certain posters inexplicably fill me with endless seething rage, but damned if I could point to one single post that explains why...

I can't help but think that he's talking about me, but then I realize that I probably don't post enough to be noticed. This whole thread saddens me.

FunkyBomb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 10:08:01 am »

Finding stuff they dislike on the internet is kind of S.A.'s whole deal.

This pretty much sums up the whole thing. SA has convinced itself that it's the only group of forums worth posting to, so they do their best to make every other forum look as bad as possible.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 10:45:01 am »

Finding stuff they dislike on the internet is kind of S.A.'s whole deal.

This pretty much sums up the whole thing. SA has convinced itself that it's the only group of forums worth posting to, so they do their best to make every other forum look as bad as possible.

Given the name of the site... Oh the irony!
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 11:22:44 am »

By the gods those guys are idiots... Flame wars happen in every bloody community.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 11:49:17 am »

Goons telling you you need more moderation is like the elves telling you how horrible you are for cutting down trees--neither surprising nor worth listening to.  Heavy-handed moderation is SA's gimmick.  There's no reason to worry about flame wars or 'bad posters' in a backwater bb like this.  If you don't want to read them, then don't click the links, don't type the replies, etc etc.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 01:05:23 pm »

They're kind of right you know, Toady can't even as much as breathe without a million fanboys running up to him so they can lock lips and suck that exhaled air into their lungs.

It's like trying a band trying to perform but a bunch of idiots keep jumping up on stage trying to get autographs and to tell them why they rule so much, it makes you want to smash their face in with your guitar and continue playing.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 01:34:51 pm »

Why don't we just ignore them and pretend they don't exist? It's simply a group of people who have elitist tendencies because their forum happens to charge them to be able to post there. That, and it's centered around a website whose main function is to insult groups they don't agree with, or groups that are just easy to insult.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 01:35:45 pm »

But it's more fun to whine about them.

And Aqizzar, I actually thought that was you there, until I checked the name.
Shoes...

WingDing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 02:24:32 pm »

They're kind of right you know, Toady can't even as much as breathe without a million fanboys running up to him so they can lock lips and suck that exhaled air into their lungs.

It's like trying a band trying to perform but a bunch of idiots keep jumping up on stage trying to get autographs and to tell them why they rule so much, it makes you want to smash their face in with your guitar and continue playing.

A million fanboys? If Toady had that many supporters donations wouldn't be a problem, and your comparison about fans getting on stage during a performance would only be valid if we actually went to Toady's house and prevented him from developing DF. If anything we are more like fans crowding around a singer when they go to a convention to talk about how they write their songs and such. Not to mention I've seen much more crazed and rabid fans in my life.

Also, is it really necessary to use inflammatory remarks? Is there any need to go out and insult people for expressing themselves? Everyone and I mean everyone ought to strive to be better than that, if you can give DF a chance you can give your fellow fans a chance, too.

Drakon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopeless cause
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 02:26:13 pm »

I play World of Warcraft myself, so if SA wants a forum to complain and whine about, they really need to check their (WoW) official forums, so much ignorance and trolling wrapped up in one place.

This place is really tame compared to there and others like 4chan, its quite unnerving.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 02:27:19 pm »

WingDing, don't feed it...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 02:27:25 pm »

Kagus beat me to it.
Shoes...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 02:33:55 pm »

SA is nothing.  You want to see some flaming, go sign up for the forums at http://www.truthandbeautybombs.com/bb/ and post a new topic.  Have tissues on hand for when they make you cry.

Those people could make a saint sound like a worthless, pathetic excuse for a human being who really ought to just kill themselves already and spare the world their asinine remarks.

The strange thing is, the forum is about three of the most intelligent, interesting, hilarious comics I've ever read.  I would have thought the people on their forums would be cool, like the people here.  Live and learn, I suppose.

Edit: Also, the people on Truth and Beauty Bombs think "re" means "because."  I have no freaking idea where they got that, but it drives me nuts every time they misuse it...

And there are some nice, decent, funny, intelligent people on there of course.  But the overwhelming feeling I got during the week or so I posted there was "you are a vile pestilence upon the earth and I hope someone kills you."  (Makes you all warm and cozy inside, doesn't it?)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 02:37:43 pm by Sappho »

WingDing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 02:40:24 pm »

I play World of Warcraft myself, so if SA wants a forum to complain and whine about, they really need to check their (WoW) official forums, so much ignorance and trolling wrapped up in one place.

This place is really tame compared to there and others like 4chan, its quite unnerving.

At least most people on 4chan can spell properly, and I can't say the same about some other communities.

WingDing, don't feed it...

Sorry about that, once you start confronting people about these kinds of things it can be difficult to stop.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7