Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Nihilistic Existentialism  (Read 9624 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: SomethingAwful
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 02:41:59 pm »

At least most people on 4chan can spell properly

Shoes...

WingDing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 02:50:54 pm »

At least most people on 4chan can spell properly

bckwards-b.jpg

Did you miss the other eight words that were spelled fully and correctly? And let's not forget that /b/ is to 4chan as PETA is to activism: a well known extremist faction that the uninformed masses use as a representative of the whole group, which it is not.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 02:54:54 pm »

It's called exaggeration, pal, but please do feel free to return to your hugbox and whine about how everyone you disagree with is a stupid troll, that's why they're mocking this forum.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 03:14:01 pm »

This being the only forum I visit daily, the world seems a very hostile place.
Although the portal TFV one isn't very bad, I just lost the link to it.

The main blockland ones are terrible, and even worse is that the owner would probably come close to world records for flaming(just go find his rants about securom http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=37663.15 4th from top).
Eh?
Eh!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 04:28:42 pm »

Cthluhu that is one of the most hillarious things I ever read... Further made funny because it wasn't set up (or at least I hope it wasnt)!!!

Goodness that made my day!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2008, 04:33:52 pm »

The main blockland ones are terrible, and even worse is that the owner would probably come close to world records for flaming(just go find his rants about securom http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=37663.15 4th from top).

My favorite part was when the guy told him his neckbeard was going to catch on fire if he didn't calm down.
Shoes...

Lord Licorice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2008, 04:40:08 pm »

The entire thread

This thread and most of the people in it are trolling for the sake of trolling. I will concur with the sentiment that another moderator - just one, and it doesn't really matter who - would help reduce what little problems actually exist. By, for example, locking this thread for the unrepentant flamebait that it is.

This board is one of the quietest and most respectful forums I've ever visited. Hero worship isn't a problem as long as it doesn't get out of hand (see: Ctrl-Alt-Del's forums and the copious amounts of Kool-Aid they imbibe), particularly since this is a primarily one-coder operation. When visitors start getting banned for questioning Toady's programming expertise (or lack thereof), a legitimate issue will have come up, but until then, no, they're simply wrong.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled trolling.

Derp.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2008, 04:51:57 pm »

Trolling? How is anybody here trolling? Do you even know what that means?

Lord Licorice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 05:12:52 pm »

"Hay guise there's a forum on the internet somewhere that says you're bad people! :("

It's a scary world outside AOL, you might want to turn your Under 18 filter back on.

(... :P)
Derp.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2008, 05:14:23 pm »

"Hay guise there's a forum on the internet somewhere that says you're bad people! :("

It's a scary world outside AOL, you might want to turn your Under 18 filter back on.

If anyone's trolling, it's you.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Lord Licorice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008, 05:15:16 pm »

If anyone's trolling, it's you.

Gotcha. :D
Derp.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »

I am glad that these forums are as friendly as they actually are.
The last safe place on the internet? Maybe.

I should make a game where the internet has been overrun by people, and you have to take it back from your home on the last friendly forums by doing some kind of semi-futuristic cyberfight thing that is close to a turn based puzzle strategy game with some realtime thrown in.... And you can upgrade or "fortify" your home forum to help repel the hordes while you free the rest....

Oops, too late, I lost the enthusiasm.
Eh?
Eh!

WingDing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2008, 06:24:04 pm »

(... :P)

I created this topic to point out something that was bothering me and I was hoping that this was all just a misunderstanding so we could clear it up and return to our business. If I were trolling I wouldn't have tried to stymie hostilities with wordy posts, I would've just watched the events unfold. And making a topic pointing out someone who was complaining about trolling in a forum and then trolling my own topic in said forum would highly ironic and hypocritical now wouldn't it?

In any case the intent here was diplomatic in nature. I would like for it to continue until the other side gets to present their side of the argument, and that perhaps we can clear up these misunderstandings, biases, and misgivings so that the communities could be more united for the joy and betterment of society.

Oh, but we can't have that now can we? Got to be bitter and cling to our guns and religion...  ::)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2008, 07:11:59 pm »

Ehh don't worry Wingding...

The guy who called most people on this topic "Trolls" was simply baiting so to start a flamewar.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2008, 07:27:29 pm »

Like I said before, ignore it all, go back to your lives and fortresses and forget it was ever discussed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7