Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarven Democracy: A Multiple Choice Voting Fortress  (Read 6762 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Democracy: A Multiple Choice Voting Fortress
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 07:53:59 am »

A and C.

I wish I could post supporting comments, but I really feel lazy this morning. I want these guys to survive, and I like the icy irony.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 10:12:24 am »

i have to go with indonesiawarminister on the name
for the goal i think you should go with Defense

FunkyBomb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 10:25:29 am »

Prepare for A, since it's a desert, and go with an appropriately B name. Preferably something that evokes images of glass or light as well as the desert, like "Sandstars" or something.

Rock on.

Drakon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopeless cause
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 11:54:44 am »

Cool, you ended up going into a haunted desert.
One of the first priorities I will vote on is A) this desert looks like it will give you a lot of trouble.
As for a name, I vote B) I've had my fair share of ironic stories maybe give these dwarves a bit of depth.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 12:49:06 pm »

'A'.  An army marches on its stomach, after all...

And 'B' for the second vote.  I'd suggest something along the lines of an Egyptian necropolis.  Those are always fun.

Heh, maybe you can encase a 'mummy' in obsidian somewhere?  Oh wait, there's no water...  Nevermind.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 01:51:43 pm »

A for the first.

C for the second. I'm a sucker for funny names. :d
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

notxmania

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 04:14:56 pm »

'A'.  An army marches on its stomach, after all...

And 'B' for the second vote.  I'd suggest something along the lines of an Egyptian necropolis.  Those are always fun.

Heh, maybe you can encase a 'mummy' in obsidian somewhere?  Oh wait, there's no water...  Nevermind.

Actually, the rocky wasteland I snuck in at the top has an aquifier. So if I'm clever enough to deal with it, I could get some water.
Screw this I can't think of a sig and this will be an eternal reminder of my writer's block and frustration.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 09:59:59 pm »

A (maybe D) and C.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 10:50:39 pm »

C and C
You should have RNG as another option. Think of all the fun you can have rationalizing your fortress name ("Diamondweakened? Well, that's a warning about avarice")

notxmania

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 12:27:33 am »

I see a nice little majority for A/C vote. A/C. Get it? Anyway, that means we're ready to embark.

Unknown Date

I'm riding in the wagon now. My fellow dwarves have suggested I take a manifest of what we've taken along.

It seems the folks back home we're mostly concerned with food and drink...ignoring the fact that many skeletal monsters live in this HAUNTED desert. They gave us one crappy marksdwarf, and I practically had to beg for it.

When we arrived we immediately noticed a herd of zombie camels on the horizon, so we immediately dug down and mined out a room to take shelter in.

Once we were all inside, we had time to get properly introduced.

This guy seems to be the type of guy to bark orders and make sure there are lots of people to hear it. He's the miner though, so he won't be around other people very long.

Can't make heads or tails of this guy. Nothing weird, except that he cuts trees.

Some flamboyant dandy. Might be working for the elves.

Kind of dwarf that always has a desperate tone in her voice as if she takes everything that comes out of her mouth with a grain of salt.

Huh. I really don't get this. It's strangling me with a string of contradiction, but since it's all tangled it just annoys me.

Nice person. Get's along well with others, which is good for his job.

Next vote peoples!

We've just made three small rooms underground and filled one with stockpiles, the other with dwarves. One is empty.

The empty room is for...
A: Workshops. We need money and other things which cause money.
B: Farm(s). MOAR FOODS OM NOM NOM
C: Beds. We can't have dwarves sleeping in the...nice warm sand...
D: Other
Screw this I can't think of a sig and this will be an eternal reminder of my writer's block and frustration.

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 12:32:40 am »

A!
Let the mighty foundries bellow out smoke which chokes the plants and let the rivers run red with blood! Turn the bones of the wretched living dead into bolts, let their rotting carcasses rot on the ground! Spill their vile innards across the sands as a bloody testament to your god!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 12:40:54 am by Naze »
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 12:45:05 am »

B!

Pech, I mock your suggestion that workshops be first. Any real dwarf knows that the proper way to begin any fortress is with a healthy supply of distillable plants for good ol' dwarven ale! THEN the workshops for processing em.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 12:58:31 am »

It's gonna have to be somewhere between A and B, since you need some bolts for that crossbow, and more booze.

Which raises the question- You embarked to a desert and didn't bring any wood?  I hope there's a whole lot of cacti around.

Oh yeah, a real vote.  B, because a desert fort founded to churn out foodstuffs is a great idea.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 01:39:19 am »

A

Beds are for weaklings! So is food!
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 01:52:48 am »

D, for Defenses.  Dig down, get some stone, and build a wall to keep out undesirables.  Once you're safe and tight, build workshops to industrialize the area.  You've got food and drink to last you a couple seasons without farming, so only focus on that once you've finished up your workshops.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4