Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuck Items?  (Read 630 times)

Stopple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stuck Items?
« on: July 05, 2008, 03:57:28 pm »

I've got a stockpile, and recently I wanted to take out all of the leather & silk items and move them to a new stockpile tagged for only those types.  Mostly it worked out, but there were still a few silk and leather things sitting on the old stock piles.

I've checked and rechecked the stockpile flags, and made sure everything is correct.  I finally got frustrated, so I tagged the items for dumping just to get them out of there, but nobody wants to touch them!

I have plenty of dwarves with no job, and when checking the "J"ob screen, there are no "Dump Items" jobs listed.  Why are these few leather/silk items impervious to getting hauled?

Brian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck Items?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 05:09:41 pm »

are they forbidden?

check then with 'k'

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:23:47 pm »

Are they outside? You'll need to allow outside refuse hauling to dump/haul refuse if it's outside ("o" for orders, then the refuse orders, then the outside refuse thing).
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Stopple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 12:10:51 am »

Are they outside? You'll need to allow outside refuse hauling to dump/haul refuse if it's outside ("o" for orders, then the refuse orders, then the outside refuse thing).

while this solved an unrelated issue I was experiencing, no they were not outside (or refuse)

also they are not forbidden items

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 08:07:46 am »

are those stuck items maybe clothes that belong to somebody?

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 08:58:20 am »

If they are owned, then only the owner will go pick up their items and put them somewhere. The basic method is to give the owner a room, put a cabinet and/or chest in their room and then let the owner idle. At some point in time they may decide to get a "put item away" job and will put their clothing in their chest/cabinet.

The quicker way is to channel where the clothing is and refloor over them.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Stopple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:05:56 am »

are those stuck items maybe clothes that belong to somebody?

this has to be it.. not many of my bedrooms have storage facilities

kendrakirai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 05:37:21 am »

I've been having this problem too, with rocks, food, bits of detritus, even some corpses.  They won't do anything, they aren't owned, they can't be dumped, they aren't forbidden, they're inside, (some of them) and the refuse settings should allow it, and (most importantly) ....they're locked in the state they were in when they got stuck.  Meaning I have at least half a dozen dwarf corpses laying about the map that have been there for FIFTY GAME YEARS now.  Nothing can be built on top of them, and channelling just drops them to the next Z-Level, where they start cluttering *that* up.