Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I kinda... killed my king  (Read 1596 times)

Dubyamn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So I kinda... killed my king
« on: July 05, 2008, 02:03:14 pm »

So I found adamantine pretty quickly and my king showed up after my first 2 years. I liked him so I started training him to become the omega-dwarf, I trained himup to skillful in weaponcrafting, armoring, stonecrafting and then drafted him into the army to complete his training as a hammerdwarf before finding him love.

Of course he gets wounded and suffocates.

I really do want to have an omega dwarf warrior king so am I going to get a new adamantine king? Or will I have to just deal with the crippling dissapointment?

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Re: So I kinda... killed my king
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 05:40:07 pm »

Eventually a new king *SHOULD* show up from what I know.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 07:59:02 am »

Wait... you can give orders to your king?

Or was this using some kind of editing, or because he came as an adamatine inspired peasant in disguise?
Magma is overrated.

Worldwaker

• Bay Watcher
  • Kitty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 12:49:10 pm »

Your king is gone forever. Next update Toady *will* add a system for replacing figures. (Kings, Trade Liaison, etc.)

Astus Ater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 03:01:15 pm »

Wait, your not supposed to kill your king? Oops.
Legendary Liar:  "I just stabbed you and you died.  Sorry."
Victim:  "Well, if you say so." *thud*

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 12:39:03 am »

Congratulations. Your dwarves thank you for delivering them from the fate of mandate-induced hell. Or so I've heard.

Dubyamn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 08:05:56 am »

Wait... you can give orders to your king?

Or was this using some kind of editing, or because he came as an adamatine inspired peasant in disguise?

When he comes in disguise he works and labors and loves. I was actually really pleased by that.

He also gets stabbed in the throat or lungs with a spear which is how I lost my warrior king.

Dubyamn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 08:46:17 am »

Your king is gone forever. Next update Toady *will* add a system for replacing figures. (Kings, Trade Liaison, etc.)

Damn he was awesome. he was calm, could handle stress, preffered to leave leadership to others and was always frank and open in his dealings with others.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 10:04:28 am »

More importantly did he have a fondness for pig tail, or adamantium? Statues or Anvils? Iron or bloody crystal bloody glass?

pancho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 01:03:01 pm »

So far my Battle Broker and Warrior Mayor have performed beautifully.  I have no problem sending them into battle.  A Baron just showed up and is proving to be an ass.  He may find himself renamed as Cannon Fodder.

Samyotix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 01:47:48 pm »

Hm, my king, unfortunately, never arrived. (I kinda stopped playing around 10 years after fulfilling the requirements to get a king).

Had great fun with my Hammerer though: The guy runs out to grab a cloak from the previous siege, stumbles into a Goblin Axe Ambush squad, enters a trance, squishes the ambushers into messy heaps with a series of neat one-strike kills, and then merrily continues to get that damn narrow cloak he was after...  ;D

Apart from that, I've kept my mayor out of harm's way (the one in my first fort had caught a fatal crossbow bolt to the head), but the Sheriff has, through training about 15 waves of immigrants, become the baddest military dwarf in the fort :)

dragonflare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 11:26:33 pm »

Was this a bug, or is there something I'm missing? Because when I go to view the king, it says "The king will not work", and I can't seem to give him any orders. (v. 39a)

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 11:57:16 pm »

This is from 38C
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

dragonflare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 12:00:10 am »

oh, that's why. I was never able to get a king in the last version.