Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reviewing region map post embark  (Read 565 times)

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
Reviewing region map post embark
« on: July 04, 2008, 01:36:37 pm »

Hey

Was wondering if anyone had a good strategy for taking another look at the site selection map after embarking and getting the fort started.  Backing up, abandoning the fort and looking it up just shows the Ω icon and hides the region.  Essentially, I'd used regional prospector to choose a site with a cave pool and shiny blue metal, but can't remember which was where exactly.  Should've taken a screenie, huh?  Anybody got a good trick for having another look at my site map pre-embark?

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reviewing region map post embark
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 02:56:22 pm »

Generate the world again from the same seed?  That's all I can think of.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 04:51:59 pm »

Use reveal ?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 05:43:12 pm »

Hey

Was wondering if anyone had a good strategy for taking another look at the site selection map after embarking and getting the fort started.  Backing up, abandoning the fort and looking it up just shows the Ω icon and hides the region.  Essentially, I'd used regional prospector to choose a site with a cave pool and shiny blue metal, but can't remember which was where exactly.  Should've taken a screenie, huh?  Anybody got a good trick for having another look at my site map pre-embark?

Ok, what you need to do here is copy the folder named "region 1" in the data/saves folder. Then you will be able to start a new fort in the same square by deleting the original after you are done and renaming the original.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.