Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchant caravans not leaving when they have an injured member.  (Read 843 times)

Alenth Eneil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On a succession fortress I am playing in, the humans had come the year before and helped fight off a goblin ambush, and one of their number got some injuries.  Since they don't seem to heal their wounds, or die from thirst or hunger, they have remained for over a year and their animals are breeding.

This should probably not happen.
Sometimes I just generate worlds and read all the funny names.
(|||)

Coriantumr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchant caravans not leaving when they have an injured member.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 05:22:10 pm »

Make sure that they have a clear path from your trade depot to the edge of the map.

I have had that happen to me before, the trade caravan arrived at my fortress okay, but never left... and I didn't notice until their animals started breeding. It turned out a few trees had grown on the only clear path between my trade depot and the edge of the map. As soon as I cut the trees down, they left. I have also created similar incidents when I have raised my drawbridges and forgotten that I had a caravan inside.

As an aside, those Mountainhome Liasons are really hardy folk ... An all-too-common goblin ambush coincided with the arrival of the trade caravan and liason, and I saw the Liason get knocked airborne and I thought he was surely lost. He survived the impact with a mangled lower body and my troops were able to defeat the ambush. I was almost certain he was going to bleed to death, but instead he crawled into the fortress, passing out every few feet from the pain, conducted his meetings and then left.  :o I'm not sure I would have bothered!

Alenth Eneil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 11:59:43 pm »

There is most assuredly a complete path.  The Dwarven caravan came and left with their wagons.

Maybe something was built and they are not checking for a new path?

Also the only trees on the map are dead, nothing grows.  :(
Sometimes I just generate worlds and read all the funny names.
(|||)

sq2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 04:49:11 am »

you sure no-one/nothing was killed...

because i just had a fortress where a mule-less elf
(only merchant that was left after a siege) sat in
my trade depot for over 5 years... untill a most
unfortunate cave in occurred...

didn't interrupt the humans coming and going, but i
didn't see many traders in those 5 years... but i
would say thats related more to the sieges/ambushes...
cattentomus, "channelshove" a golden crossbow:
worth: 144000$ components: gold, gold and gold... hmmm